vulnerable

Annie's pov

I know what I did was wrong. I don't have any right to hurt someone's feelings but my god knows that it wasn't intentional. I was beyond terrified when I got to know that taehyung met with an accident. Guilt consumed my senses and i confessed in hurry.

Taehyung is just staring at me. I am feeling relieved that I told him what is the truth. I don't want to use him or his feelings. I can't marry him just because I am stuck in this problem. He is a genuine man and he deserves true feelings.

Author's pov

Annie was sitting on bed hanging her head low. Taehyung walked towards her and sat beside her.

"You know why I became impressed with you." He stated and she looked up at him.

"I told you right how i met Hana for the first time." He stared in her eyes.

"You were standing near Han river and she thought you are going to commit suicide." Annie replied slowly.

"She was so helpful and that quality of her made me fall for her. Same goes with you i was impressed with you because you helped me at our first meet. I saw my hana in you that day. I had lost her but i didn't want to lose you that's why I searched for you. I always saw her in you. If you are feeling guilty then I am guilty too because even after confessing I still think about her. I just couldn't forget about her. We are on the same page Annie. We both like each other as person but our feelings are still complicated." He said softly having a soft smile on his face.

"I like you because you are an amazing person but i love you because I see her in you. And it's wrong right? Using someone for our selfishness it's totally wrong. Then think who should be more guilty? You are so brave to say it on my face but look at me I even couldn't admit that why I love you." He said with a painful chuckle.

"You are really a pure soul Annie. Now I can proudly say you can never hurt anyone. " he held her hands in his own.

"Can't two friends get married who like each other whole heartedly?" He said softly and she licks her lips.

"W..what do you mean?" She asked nervously.

"I can never find a better wife than you. I still want to marry you doesn't matter if our feelings are  complicated. I believe that one day our efforts will lead us to a strong and unbreakable relationship. " He said softly.

They were staring in each other eyes having a lot of emotions. Suddenly then door opened and her father entered with a following jungkook. Soon everyone gathered in the room.

"What is your decision my child?" Her father asked sweetly. Annie licks her lips in nervousness. She was unable to think straight. Her eyes wondered towards somi and she felt like crying. Hand print on her face was clearly visible.

She has to do something for her family.

"I can't promise that I'll be best husband in the world but I can promise that I'll be bestest friend for you in our future." Taehyung said softly.

"H..he is so strong and powerful-"

"Leave it on me. You are taking me lightly. I am not a common person either. Don't worry about him." Taehyung said cutting her in middle.

"He looks so genuine sweetheart. You'll be happy with him." Her mother said . Annie looked at jungkook and their eyes meet. He was dying with each passing second. He was begging her to say no through his eyes.

"Tell me Annie would you like to be my wife?" Taehyung asked sweetly but she didn't replied. Her eyes were stuck on jungkook. She wanted him to say something. She didn't know why but she was still hoping that may be he has something towards her. Taehyung noticed her gaze and followed it.  He looked at jungkook confusedly.