Chapter 2: Game Making: Game Description

*You can skip this chapter since this chapter only explaining the description of the game*

This is a flashback to 1,5 months ago when there was an announcement about the release of a gaming device called Ethereal Realm from DreamNet Technologies.

Jakarta, 17 November 2023
17:00
In his flat

Panji is playing with his smartphone and just idly searching for any information/news on the web.

Surprisingly, he finds something that taking his interest.

Panji: "What's this? Ethereal Realm by DreamNet Technologies?"

Ethereal Realm is a gaming device that looks similar to Virtual Reality headset which is usually used for game consoles so you can play games like entering the game world.

But the difference is, Ethereal Realm is a direct gaming device unlike VR headset where it requires a game console to work. In conclusion, Ethereal Realm is like a game console shaped like VR headset.

This year, people have been able to create gaming devices that can take us into the game world. And devices like this are causing VR headsets to decline in popularity, to the point that companies that previously produced VR headsets have started to change to producing Dive Virtual Reality such as Ethereal Realm after they succeeded in ATM.[1]

Okay, back to the story...

Panji: "Heh... It's approximately 1 year after their first announcement. They said, they need to test it first before the actual release. Now, today, their actual release!"

Panji: "And... What's again is this?"

Panji reads an extra information on the website about another release by DreamNet Technologies.

Panji: "'Ethereal Realm Game Maker'? It's a tool to create our own game and then play it with this DVR? So basically it's just RPG Maker specially for Ethereal Realm."

Panji: "If that's so, then I need to buy it quickly when the price is still cheap because it's a first release. But well... I'm sure there will be lots of buyers. And fortunately, tomorrow is my break day! So, I can go to the shop in the morning."

Then, Panji continues his playing with his smartphone untill it's already 22:00. After that, Panji goes to sleep.

18 November 2023
08:00
In the street on the way to a certain Game Shop

After take a bath and have a breakfast, Panji just goes straight to a Game Shop to buy Ethereal Realm. But like what Panji had imagine yesterday, the shop is busy with buyers.

Panji: "Dammit! Just like I thought! But why the hell this shop instantly busy with buyers ? Are they sleeping in front of the shop last night!?"

Panji: "Anyway, I just had to squeeze in so I could get to the front of the line to buy that thing!"

And... Panji successfully buy the Ethereal Realm. It took him approximately 25 minutes (because he is easily to squeeze in becauese his body is small and slim).

10:36
In his flat, after successfully bought the Ethereal Realm and had took a bath (again)