Day 1 - Shippy time: 4/9

The drones wake up within the span of several seconds from each other despite the hive mind not announcing worky time for once. It's just a habit ingrained so deep that not even their current completely alien surroundings can suppress it. Simply put, their standard four hour sleepy time is over, and they're ready for action. Squeaky yawning fills the cabin for a moment before the drones look at 10013 as one.

"This is nice," mumbles 99380, swaying its legs around, "But I kinda don't feel like sleeping anymore."

"Gimme a sec," 10013 concentrates, "I'm gonna try to check up with 387 again."

Unfortunately, 387 is still completely impossible to sense, so it taps into 93's hive link instead.

"Hi, 93. We still can't sense 387 and we don't know what we're supposed to be doing. Is everything okay?"

"As far as I know, there's nothing problematic happening at the moment. I'm exploring the insides of this ship and assessing potential risks. Judging by the recently received mental map updates, 387 is doing the same even though he is hiding his presence. And the Queen is... well, that's none of your business," replies 93 immediately, "I am also not aware of any orders pertaining to your group, so you are free to do as you please until called for. Within limits, of course."

"Thank you," says 10013 politely, "Have a nice, umm, shippy time."

No answer.

"Hmph..." 10013 pouts.

"Bad news?" asks 36658.

"Not really. No one needs us at the moment, so we can do... uhh... anything that's not digging or that makes someone yell at us."

"Oh..." 20100 tilts its head, "That's new."

And all of them look at 10013 who seems to be slowly realizing the horrors of responsible leadership. After some pondering, 10013 decides that small steps are the way to go and says:

"We should probably get out of these webby things first," it tries to bend its legs to grab the holes in the hammock and pull itself up without any effect. As it watches others do the same it gets an idea. It simply lets its legs hang, spreads its wings, and buzzes directly upwards, carefully navigating its legs through the holes, "Ah hah! Got it!"

"Oooh, smart!" comments 99111, slowly floating upwards as well.

In only a few moments, the drones stand gathered in the center of the small room, feeling somewhat... off.

*Puzzled face.* *Confused face.* *Woozy face.*

"We're all feeling that, Smiley," says 10013 in response to the confused hive link message, "The ground is acting weird."

The floor is moving. Slowly, extremely gently, rocking from side to side. Inside the hammocks, they felt something, but no discomfort as the net simply let them hang downwards no matter any outside motion. However, now on the floor, their biology completely unused to being on anything other than solid ground is complaining. Still, it won't be a problem for long, because changelings are adaptive and nothing short of a tsunami can seriously destabilize something as huge as a cruise ship.

36658 recovers first, hopping on the table and saying:

"Eh, it'll pass. It's just like whenever I experiment with a new version of agonyslayers and overdo it," it tries to shove its head into the porthole and slams its face into the glass, "Hey, there's something invisible in the hole!" it pokes the glass, "I can't get through."

"Maybe it's magic?" suggests 99526, "We saw a looot of unicorns get in with us."

"Makes sense," 10013 shrugs, looking around, "So we've got a table, a magic hole leading outside, and these box thingies," it nods to the two wardrobes, "I'll check the big one, you go look what's inside the small one."