Day 4 - Shipwrecked?: 2/7

The afternoon has rolled in, and the passengers are now lining the shady edge of the jungle with only several of them swimming in the sea. Quest Security specialists are still continuing to build makeshift shade from the smaller trees either cut down or pilfered for leaves. From the perspective of the drones, the SECURITY ponies were too busy and any offer of help was rejected, so they spent the morning mostly observing. So far, even with the guests awake and occasionally chatting about the haunting memories from the night, the opportunity to help hasn't arrived, but to the curious drones all it means is more time to examine the effort in progress.

10013, being "the drone in charge", came to the conclusion that to improve its in-charge-ability it should observe other "chargers". The Queen didn't like it staring at her, though, and told it to bugger off, so it decided that finding the second biggest charger could be interesting, and finally it did. The pony discussing things with everyone, giving orders, and overall organizing work proved to be Glorious Quest, currently busy arguing with a unicorn about whom the hive mind has no information.

"You can't be serious!" huffs the unknown unicorn indignantly, "Do you have any idea about the amount of security checks the ship went through before undocking?"

"I do, Captain," Quest sighs, "My staff performed most of the non-technical ones and the paladins did the rest. Do you have a better explanation than a lightning rod failing and lightning striking the side of the ship? Besides, why are you so concerned? I heard that Celestial Sea Cruises does have a seriously generous insurance policy."

"It's about reputation!" objects the captain, "We do proper checks and hire the best engineers. You don't get government contracts just by yelling really loudly," the Captain sneers, "But what would you know about that? I have no idea who you had to blow for your second-rate agency to get this job."

Quest's eye twitches.

"Captain, I understand this is a tough time for you but I advise you to be more careful with your words. Your usual security company refused the contract due to the amount of attending changelings, because they were worried about their lack of ability to contain them in case they caused trouble."

"And you assumed you could contain them? Don't make me laugh," the Captain rolls his eyes, "Who's to say they're not behind this?"

10013 shuffles into a bush.

"Behind the lightning strike? Possibly, but probably not, to both your concerns," Quest smirks, shrugging, "I'm just not worried as much, that's all. Everything in life is a gamble, but I can understand that a mercenary and a paper-pusher would see stability differently."

"We'll see once the investigators search the wreck," huffs the Captain.

"See what? Lightning strike? Changelings... existing? Sabotage?" Quest chuckles, "Rest up, Captain. The pegasi have confirmed we're really on the main island of the peninsula and I sent a party to the resort already. A ship will pick us up late in the evening at worst. You'll be sleeping in a real bed tonight after a proper dinner and things will look better in the morning."

Neat! I should tell the Queen.

Spurred on by the good news, 10013 stops hiding and walks past, immediately earning an irritated glance from the Captain and causing a break in the conversation. Due to the Queen's link still being damaged for reasons the high ranks refused to tell the drones, 10013 opts for taking a walk along the beach instead of mentally searching for someone closest to the Queen to inform her quickly.

***

99380's exploration of the beach happenings leads it to 99111 sitting just on the edge of the still dry sand where the tide can't reach, staring ahead. An exploratory touch of 99111's hive link makes 99380 shudder with strangeness, so it pokes 99111's shoulder instead.