Day 3 - Storm: 2/11

"Oof," 65536 limps through the cruise ship, a heavy-looking backpack completely covering its back, "That was some proper pumping. Totally like a warrior!" it beams, stops, flexes its foreleg, and as it steps forward again, it winces, "Ouch ouch ouch, hoofsies hurt now. I shouldn't go that hard on that sandbag next time, but that minotaur kept yelling and yelling super inspiring things..."

65536 pauses for a moment.

"He sure did a lot of yelling and not that much lifting, come to think of it. No matter, someone with such a cool name like Iron Will is bound to know his stuff. Hmm, that is similar to what Commander Sharp Biscuit used to say about willpower and perseverance being the key to everything, the first step. Willpower, willpower, willp-" 65536 stops, sensing a presence in front of it before noticing the looming shadow on the carpet, "Oh, hello, Your Cupholderness!" it looks up at Chrysalis staring at the exhausted drone from her height, and salutes.

"And what are you doing up this late?" asks Chrysalis in a pleasant tone. 65536 senses a tingle behind its left temple which makes its ear twitch.

"It's not that late for me. I usually work at this time of night anyway," it shakes its head, "This is supposed to be a vacation, but I can't get all lazy, so I was at the gym. Pumping iron in the fortress of swolitude, as Iron Will called it," 65536 grins, sits down, and raises both forelegs to flex them and show Chrysalis, "Don't worry, I keep myself in shape so that I represent us changelings in the best light possible. I even heard that the Royal Guard is looking for a changeling as a test run, so it must be working. I mean, if even the Paladins accepted Ten, and those guys were extra mean about the time when Grandmaster Beacon got crushed under a mountain, then the Royal Guard was just a matter of time."

"Ah... Ten, sure," Chrysalis sneers, "I'll have to pay him a visit later. Now, believe it or not, I was looking for you specifically."

"Neat," 65536's eyes light up, "You want a hug? Luna says I'm the best hugger! I even have my own Nightguard rank - Cuddler First Class, but officially I'm a private. I work in public, though, so that means I'm a double agent, or that it's my secret identity," 65536 rubs its head, "I'm still not sure about that. Those spy movies Miss Gloom likes get confusing sometimes."

Chrysalis' eye twitches almost imperceptibly.

"This is about you being close to the dream alicorn, yes," she says in a controlled tone, "I need to look inside your head, 65536."

"No can do, Your Majesty," 65536 puffs out its chest officially, "Luna said to not let you do that specifically, and she was all princessy at the time, so it's an official order. You can just ask, though. I'll be happy to help."

"That's the problem. You'd have no idea what I'm even asking or looking for. Even I'm not sure myself- you didn't hear me say that, understood?"

"Say what?" 65536 slams its hooves against its ears, "Is anyone talking? I'm aaaaall alone here."

"Enough!" Chrysalis rolls her eyes, "Let me look inside your head. I can sense barriers there that can't be your doing, and the only reason I haven't broken through yet is because I don't want... a diplomatic incident."

"As I said, no can do," 65536 shakes its head, "The orderiest of orders."

"If you don't let me, I won't let you into the hive this winter to give presents to the drones."

65536 gasps in pure horror.

"THAT WOULD BE SO MEAN!" it wibbles at her.

Chrysalis' suddenly finds it difficult to breathe under that most unholy of drone powers, and backs off.