Chapter 42 - No Humanity Hedda

"Take me right NOW or I'll do something very, very bad," I stomp my foot so my demands are heard.

"We can ring Sarah-Jane, it's not the best time to visit," Finn responds gently, giving me grace with my bad behaviour putting it down to grief.

"No I need to see her so I can turn her," I explain a little. A voice in the back of my mind reminds me that they won't understand but I'm still hopeful.

"Hedi you can't do that," Bekah splutters and the others are speechless.

"Yes I can and I will. She will be more powerful then. We can have fun together like run-aways and live from her magic. I'll take Stella too and maybe Edey but she can't be a vampire."

My family gapes at me incredulously.

"Where has this come from Hedda?" 'Lijah tries to get to the bottom of it but he understands nothing.

"I don't want to be six anymore I want to be a big girl forever," I shout at him. "If I turn Sarah-Jane she will help me find a growing up spell quicker so she can have birthdays with her twin too."

"Hedda no," 'Lijah's jaw drops open at my amazing plan. He doesn't like it one bit.

"I will kill Henry if you say no to me one more time," I growl ferociously.

"What?" Bekah whispers almost imperceptibly. Finn and 'Lijah both exchange an I told you so look.

"I will KILL HENRY if you say NO again," I raise my voice further and threaten the sweet puppy that looks after me so well. The one I love with all my heart and soul.

My siblings stand staring horrified at me, not knowing what to do. It's as clear as day I'm without my humanity and they're panicking wondering what that means for a six year old.

Ansel breaks up the racket and peers at me carefully.

"Hedda, I don't think your friend would like that very much," he tries to make me think of her feelings. "Do you want to go for a run with me?"

My wolf nature is very pleased with his suggestion and I nod immediately. For some reason my wolf almost controls me around him, I don't think I could say no. My wolf desperately wants to meet Ansel's wolf but I don't know why.

I have to wait until a full moon anyway.

When he asked me if I remembered him, I could only recall the time he patched me up and gave me dinner after grazing my knee in front of his home 1,000 years ago. There was a strange connection between us but I have never seen him since.

All I know is he's the nicest man ever in the whole wide world ever, ever, ever. He helped me and gave me food when I was hungry. He's a good man.

'Lijah agrees a run is a good idea and whispers in Ansel's ear to be very careful as I'm not quite myself at the moment. Ansel doesn't look worried, in fact he gives a determined nod to 'Lijah who interprets it as a challenge to get through to me.

Brushing past Henry who is safe for now, Ansel takes me out to run in the forest, where I grew up. He lovingly encourages me to shift, having brought some extra clothes with us.

My wolf is very intrigued by him. I sniff him a lot and jump up with my tiny paws on his legs. He chuckles and sits down on the grass so I can jump and play all over him. It's really good fun and he lets me climb on him without complaint.

Even after father hurt me, I find myself able to trust this man Ansel. Deep down I know he wouldn't do that to me. I know he wouldn't.

"You can turn your emotions back on Hedda," he suggests as we play, thinking I might be receptive to him right now. "I'll tell you a secret about why you're a wolf if you do..."