Chapter 51 - Hedda is Growing!

I squeal when Hayley marks my height on the wall and declares: "you've grown sweetie!"

"I'm getting bigger, I'm getting bigger!" I grin as Henry runs about with Hopey who gives him a treat.

Daddy picks me up and twirls me around in his arms. "You're such a big girl sweetheart."

"I am, I am," I nod happily, embracing all the changes to my body such as longer legs and growing hands.

"Your brothers and sisters will be amazed to see you so big and strong," Daddy says, reminding me of the saddest news ever.

I've not lost one of my siblings. Not two, or three either.

I've lost them all.

Koly, 'Lijah, Nik, Bekah, Finn and Freya are all gone.

It's been so horrible without them, I miss them more than anything. I'm 11 now and I wish I could have visited them.

At least I have my Daddy, Hope and Hayley but I know they're sad too. Hayley loves 'Lijah even though she was married. I think she's always loved 'Lijah and he's always loved her.

Hopey is growing so quickly, just like me. We all had to run away from New Orleans because of Lucien but even though he's dead now, we're busy looking for a way to bring back Freya who can help wake everyone else up too.

Including Cami.

Sarah-Jane saved her so Nik was able to put Cami to sleep like the rest of our family before he was captured. Daddy and Hayley won't tell me who has him and it scares me. I hope he's okay but we have to save everyone else first.

The five years have passed so quickly. Hope is 7. She is my right hand girl. I have been teaching her how to prank because I'm the best auntie. We always splash my Daddy and her Mommy with water and once we even flooded the bath but that was by accident. Daddy was very cross.

At school, I have to use my school name Mairen Ford. It was odd but I got used to it quickly and I quite like it now. I haven't been called Hedda by school friends in a very long time.

School is good and I enjoy it because no one is mean and I feel safe. This time I know I can't say who or what I am.

I was stupid when I told that boy in my last school, because he told his hunter mother straightaway but I'm much cleverer now. I can keep up with lessons because of how well Daddy has taught me to read and write at home.

My best friend is called Bianca Adeoye and she is prettier than everyone else. She is the same age as me and we go to school and ballet together.

When I'm big I want to be a real ballerina. It's the closest I can get to being a fairy like my biggest sister who I miss so much. I think she would be proud of me if she could see me now, I hope they all would.

"I want to go home," I complain to Daddy when I'm on my way to school.

Little do I know yet, it will be one of the last times I attend.

"We won't be here for much longer," Daddy tells me lifting my spirits. "We have found one of the last wolves."

I gasp and look at him, checking he's serious.

"Really Dad? You really mean it Daddy?"

"Yes sweetheart," he confirms and I run into school quickly, trying to find Bianca.

"Bianca, Bianca," I call out and she turns around as soon as she hears my voice. "My dad just said I might be leaving soon."

Her eyes widen and she looks sad. "When are you leaving Mairen?"