Chapter 12

The Goenkas stood outside the ward, pacing as they waited for the doctors to finish examining Abhimanyu as Manjiri and the other Birlas came running in.

"Kya hua mere Abhi ko?" Manjiri was clutching her necklace, tears brimming her eyes. All she was told that Abhimanyu got into an accident. The severity, the cause, nothing was known.

"Maa, aap ghabaraye mat, Abhimanyu bilkul theek hain. Bas hath par fracture hua hain. Routine examination chal raha hain andar."  Aarohi tried to calm her down. 

Karthik, Naira and Akshara were not there, the parents dragging her aside for a conversation. Abhinav stood quietly in a corner. Kaira and Muskaan stood beside him, both fuming from inside.

"Mere bete ke zindagi main his aisa kyun hota hain? Ek bete ko kho chuki hoon main, ek aur nahi kho sakthi hoon." Manjiri cried into Aarohi's shoulder. 

Kaira was just thankful that Abhir and Ruhi hadn't woken up yet when the accident happened. It was weird, Akshara was acting weird, almost guilty. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karthik stood with his hands crossed as Akshara stood in front of him with her head bowed down. Naira was displeased as well, disappointed in her daughter's actions.

Now, everyone assumed it was Naira who did the disciplining of the kids while Karthik spoiled them but infact the opposite was true. Yes Karthik loved his chotu sherni, but he was also the reason she was a sherni. Correcting ehr when she went the wrong way was his duty. 

And Karthik Goenka always fulfilled his responsibilities. 

"Yeh kya tha Akshara?"

Akshara remained silent, flinching slightly as Karthik used her full name.

"Main tumse kuch puch raha hoon!" He raised his voice slightly.

"Karthik--"

"Nahi Naira. Aaj kuch zyada hi hogaya. Agar aj main chup raha toh mere Papa hone a koi matlab hi nahi hain." He turned to his daughter. "Abhimanyu ke paas dhodhe jaane ki kya zaroorat thi Maana ki tumhara uske saath ek rishta tha magar tumne ek baar bhi Abhinav ke baare main nahi socha?"

Akshara flinched at her husband's name. 

Naira regarded her daughter with a stern glance. "Emotions pe thoda toh khaboo karna seekho, Askhu! Hum bhi dar gaye the Abhimanyu ke accident ke baad lekin aise dodh kar react karna? Khair Abhinav ke baare main bhi abhi baath nahi karte, agar kisi ko chott lagi hain toh pehle toh ghar ke do doctoron ko usse dekhne ke liye bulao aur phir ambulance ko call karo. Behosh insaan ko chilla chillakar uthne ko kehna kaha kaam aayega?"

Even her running towards Abhimanyu was still understandable. But the hysterical screaming and asking an unconscious person to wake up repeatedly and not calling for professional help, it was nothing but carelessness.