1.

MIA'S POV.

The plane's engine hummed softly as I gazed out of the window, watching he clouds drift lazily by. My mind was a whirlwind of emotions, swirling with memories of the life I was leaving behind in Uruguay and the uncertain future that lay ahead in the UK.

Six years of love and trust had been shattered by a single act of betrayal, leaving me reeling with heartache and confusion. How could he do this? In our own home, no less. The very thought made my stomach churn with anger and disbelief. 

But amidst the pain there was a glimmer of hope - the promise of refuge and solace with my brother, Darwin and his girlfriend, Lorena. They had offered to take me in, to provide a safe haven where I could heal and rebuild my shattered spirit.

As the plane touched down at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, I gathered my belongings and stepped off the aircraft, my heart pounding with nervous anticipation. The terminal was a whirlwind of activity, filled with chatters of travellers and the bustle of airport staff. 

I scanned the crowd, searching for familiar faces amid the sea of strangers. And then I saw them - Darwin's tall frame towering over the others, Lorena's warm smile cutting through the throng like a beacon of light.

"Mia!" Darwin's voice boomed over the noise of the crowd as he rushed forward to envelop me in a tight hug. "Welcome to Liverpool, hermana".

I hugged him back fiercely, feeling the warmth and strength of family envelop me like a comforting embrace. "Gracias, Darwin," I whispered, my voice thick with emotion.

Lorena approached next, her eyes shining with empathy as she wrapped me in a gentle embrace. "Mia, it's so good to see you again," She said softly. "We've been looking forward to having you here." 

I returned her embrace gratefully, feeling a surge of gratitude towards both of them for their unwavering support. "Thank you, Lor," I replied, my voice trembling with emotion. "I don't know what I would have done without you both." 

Darwin squeezed my shoulder reassuringly. "You're family, Mia. We're here for you, no matter what." 

And as we made our way out of the airport and into the cool evening air, I couldn't help but a sense of relief wash over me. With Darwin and Lorena by my side, I knew that I would find the strength to heal from the pain of my broken heart. And perhaps, in time, I would even find the courage to love again.