4.

MIA'S POV.

As Lorena and I made our way inside to meet with Darwin after the game, my mind buzzed with anticipation. The thrill of the match still pulsed through me, but now there was an added layer of curiosity. What is happening to me? Why am I feeling like this for a guy I don't even know?

Darwin emerged from the locker room with a mischievous smile on his face, and Lorena wasted no time in questioning him. "What happened to you?" she asked, her tone playful.

Darwin's grin widened as he glanced at me. "Someone was asking about Mia," he replied, his voice tinged with amusement. 

My heart skipped a beat at his words, a mixture of confusion and curiosity washing over me. "Who was asking about me?" I asked, unable to contain my curiosity. "No one knows me here."

Darwin's smile only grew wider as he dropped the bombshell. "My teammate, Szoboszlai," he said. "I think he's interested in you."

A flush of embarrassment crept up my cheeks, and I tried to hide my reaction behind a veil of nonchalance. "Who is he?" I asked, feigning ignorance, as if I wasn't just asking Lorena about him an hour ago. 

But Lorena saw through my facade, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Oh don't act dumb, Mia," she said, her tone teasing. "You know exactly who he is. You couldn't keep your eyes off of him during the game."

I felt my cheeks grow even hotter, and I shot Lorena a playful glare. "Oh, shut up," I muttered, my embarrassment threatening to consume me. "He was just curious about who might I be."

Darwin and Lorena exchanged a knowing look before bursting into laughter, their teasing smiles only adding to my embarrassment. As they walked away, leaving me to wallow in my mortification, I couldn't help but feel a flicker of excitement at the thought of Dominik Szoboszlai being interested in me.

What's wrong with me? Why am I feeling like this? I can't go through what I went through again.