9.

MIA'S POV.

I was watching some TV with Darwin and Lorena, when notifications from Lucinda and Isabella caught my attention. 

💕besties 💕

Isabella💚 : OMG Mia, have you seen this?  

Mia❤️: What's going on  

Lucinda 🩵: There is a post about you on some paparazzi page 

Isabella💚 : They're saying that you're Dominik's girlfriend because you tagged only him in your post besides your brother and they saw you talking after the game

Mia❤️: OMG where ?!

Lucinda 🩵: (sent 4 attachments)

My heart sank as I read their words. I had never imagined that a simple tag could attract so much attention. Panic gripped me as I realised the implications of the situation. I was just a girl supporting her brother at his football match, nothing more. But now, thanks to a single tag, I was suddenly thrust into the spotlight, the subject of speculation and scrutiny.

Frantically, I opened the attachments they had sent me, my eyes scanning the article with growing dread. There, in bold letters, was a headline proclaiming that I was Dominik's mystery women. Photos of us at the match were splashed across the page, accompanied by speculative captions and unfounded rumors. 

footballernews

●○○

○●○

○●○

○○●

○○●

(imagine he is Dominik and they are wearing Liverpool jerseys)

Liked by user1, user2 and others

footballernews footballer Dominik Szoboszlai seen with mystery women. Who is this women? is she Dominik's new girl? and why is she wearing Darwin's jersey? 

Tagged: Szoboszlaidominik

user1 That's Darwin's sister 

user2 I shipppp

user3 Is that's Mia Nunez ??

   ↪️ user4 replied to user3 yesss

user5 she's so pretty 

user6 what did he see in her? 🙁

user7 They are dating for sure 

load more comments...

My head spun as I tried to process the situation. How had things escalated so quickly ? I had only meant to share a few photos of a memorable day, not spark a media frenzy. And yet, here I was, caught in the crosshairs of public scrutiny, my private life laid bare for all to see.

What would Dominik say? would he hate me for tagging him? 

Messages continued to flood in but a certain message had caught my eye.

szoboszlaidominik

Dom🧡 Heyy Mia, have you seen the rumors about us? 

Mia💜 Hey Dom, yeah i've seen them.

Mia💜sorry I tagged you I didn't mean for this to happen.

 I didn't want to cause any trouble.

Dom🧡 Trouble? nonsense, it's fine really

Dom🧡 when you're in the spotlight you can expect these things to happen,

and get used to them

Mia💜 Yeah yeah I know

Dom🧡 Hey, do you have any plans tomorrow ?

Mia💜 No, why? 

Dom🧡 Good, tomorrow I will pick you up at 7, dress something fancy.

Mia💜 Is Dominik Szoboszlai asking me out on a date ?🤭

Dom🧡 Hmm, maybeee 😉

Mia💜 see you tomorrow then, 

Goodnight Dom x

Dom🧡 Goodnight Mia x

I laughed and blushed on my own, looking at our messages before I drifted off to sleep.