3.

DOMINIK'S POV.

The final whistle blew, signalling the end of the game, and I made my way towards the tunnel with a sense of exhaustion and exhilaration coursing through my veins. The match had been intense, but as I glanced up into the stands, my attention was drawn to her - a vision of beauty amidst the sea of cheering fans.

She stood out like a beacon of light, her eyes alight with excitement as she cheered for the team. I couldn't tear my gaze away from her, captivated by the way she seemed to radiate energy and vitality.

"Who's that?" I murmured to myself, my curiosity piqued I had never seen her before, and yet there was something about her that drew me in like a moth to a flame.

As I made my way towards the tunnel, I felt a presence at my side and turned to see Virgil Van Dijk, the team's captain, watching me with a knowing smile.

"Ah I see you've spotted her," Virgil said, a hint of amusement in his voice.

I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment, realising that I had been caught staring. "I, uh, yeah," I stammered, struggling to find the right words. "Who is she?"

Virgil chuckled softly, clapping me on the back in a friendly gesture. "That's Mia, Darwin's sister," he replied, his tone teasing, "I see you've got good taste, mate." 

Darwin's sister? The realisation hit me like a ton of bricks, and I couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement mingled with nervousness. I had heard of Darwin's sister before, of course, but I had never actually met her in person.

"She's beautiful," I mumbled, feeling a flush of embarrassment wash over me.

Virgil nodded knowingly. "I,m sure Darwin will be happy to introduce you," he said, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "But for now, let's focus on celebrating the win, eh?"

I nodded, grateful for Virgil's support and eager to put the encounter out of my mind, at least for the time being. But as I made my way to the locker room, I couldn't stop thinking about her.