Curiosity Killed The Saiyan

Last time on Spirit of a Hero and the Heart of a Saiyan: Rebirth, the time had finally come for Yuno's first-ever mission. After hours of waiting that had seriously driven his patience to its very limits, he was rewarded with a ferocious battle with a similar-tailed warrior, leaving him battered but victorious—or so it seemed.

But what comes next for our young hero

Find out...now!

—————
It was late in the afternoon when Yuno's eyes slowly opened once again, met by the blinding light of what he could only guess was the complex's medical infirmary. He waited patiently as his eyes adjusted to his new surroundings before slowly sitting up, a wave of pain shooting all across his body as he did so.

Yuno: Ow...my...everything.

Laura: Well, good morning, sleeping beauty, you look like shit.

Yuno delicately turned his head, finding Laura sitting in a nearby chair with a smirk playing on her lips.

Yuno: Yeah, and I feel like it, too. How long was I out?

Laura: It's already the middle of the day.

Hearing that, Yuno's eyes widened, and he blinked in surprise.

Yuno: Damn that long!? And you've been watching over me this whole time?

Laura: What? Oh god, no, I've got a million more important things to do. We've just been taking turns, is all, and this one just so happened to be mine plus a part of me knew you'd pull through alright.

He just stares at her completely deadpan, not knowing whether to take all that as a compliment or an insult.

Yuno: Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence, Laura I'm feeling so much better already.

She could practically feel the sarcasm coming off of him and rolled her eyes, chuckling.

Laura: Hey, if it makes you feel any better...I'm glad you're not dead, Yuno.

Yuno: Aww, Laura, you do care.

Yuno wipes a single tear from his eye before instantly leaning back as Laura points her claws right at his throat.

Laura: Shut up before I put you back to sleep.

As Yuno leaned back, a cautious grin danced on his lips, and a glimmer of mischief sparked in his eyes as he gently moved her claws to the side, knowing full well by now not to push things too far when it came to Laura

Yuno: Hehe, alright, alright, I'll stop, but seriously, Laura, thanks for watching over me. I mean it.

He caught her eyes warmly as she glared at him, shooting her a contagiously idiotic smile, forcing the hint of a smile to tug at the corner of her lips despite her best to squash it down and save face before she finally gave in, pulling back her claws and crossing her arms as she turned away from him, the smallest traces of color brushing onto her cheeks.

Laura: Yeah, whatever, dumbass don't get used to it. I just didn't wanna have to deal with Sam and Miles being the only guys around here again, that's all.

Yuno chuckled and nodded at her, letting her have this one before swinging his legs over the side of the bed, only to instantly curl over in pain, holding onto his right side.

Yuno: Ah! Why do my ribs hurt so much

Suddenly, as if on cue, the door to the infirmary flung open, revealing a less than thrilled-looking Widow