Chapter 1

ANDA

"Come on, dude," says Noon with a whine. "We need a night out. We should go to the club tonight and look for a few gorgeous women and see where the night takes us."

I stared at the reflection of my roommate, Lookkaew, who was reading on the couch.

I can't help but stare at her; her black-rimmed glasses make her look like a goddamn sexy librarian. She has a fleece blanket over her legs and a baggy off-the- shoulder top that leaves her shoulder bare, showing off her rose tattoo.

Fuck.

"Dude, are you there?" Noon yells in my ear, which makes me jump slightly.

I shook my head and turned around, walking over to my bed.

I sat and stared at the floor.

"I'm here, Noon," I said. "I don't want to go anywhere."

Noon was silent on the other end for a moment. "You are staring at her again, aren't you?"

I groan out as I fall back on the bed. I closed my eyes.

"Dude, this is killing me," I said as I opened my eyes. I stared at the ceiling.

Noon groans out, "Anda, you need to either ask her out or forget about her, you have been living with her for the last three years, and you have had this stupid crush on her since the day you moved in with her," she says, "Look, I will come over, and we have a few drinks in the house before we leave, maybe, just maybe, Lookkaew will come out with us."

"Do you think-" I said, but I could hear Lookkaew moan out. "FUCK."

I got up and moved off the bed, and I couldn't help but look in the mirror once again.

Lookkaew was on her phone, shaking her head.

I wonder what got her all hot under the collar.

"What the hell is going on over there?" Noon shouts into the phone.

I sighed as I watched Lookkaew get frustrated with whatever was sent to her on her phone.

"Ok," I said to her, "We have a few drinks in the house, and we see what happens, but Noon," I closed my eyes. "No funny business if I..."

"I know, but dude, you either need to get with her or get over her," she says. "This is not healthy at all."

My eyes never leave Lookkaew, who has now gotten back to her book.

"I will be there in about an hour," she says and hangs up on me.

I move my phone away from me and throw it on the bed.

I have been living with Lookkaew for the last three years. I have been in love with her since the moment I met her. She was looking for a roommate as the house was too big for just one person, but also, there was an upside to it: the house is hers. She wanted to make extra money, and I needed a place to live as I was thrown out of the family home due to my father.

Lookkaew is not like any girl I have met before. She loves reading and works from home, but she runs every morning.

I walked over to the bathroom. I need to get showered and ready before Jom comes.