Chapter 2

LOOKKAEW

"Fuck," I say as I close the door behind me; I lean on it for support.

I can't help but feel the flutter in my stomach.

Anda was flirting with me.

I have been trying to get her to be like that with me for years.

I have the biggest crush on her.

I move away from the door and head to the chair in front of my mirror on my desk.

I sit and look at myself.

My glasses are still in place, and my off-the-shoulder top could be used as a cloth for dusting, as it's that old, but I love it so much. I have sweatpants which I would live in all the time if I had my way. My long black hair was a mess. I should have had it cut a while ago, but I love my hair long.

My phone rings, and I glance at the screen. It was my best friend, Praewa.

I quickly answered it. "Hey girl," she said in a soft tone. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, lifting my leg and placing it on the chair. "We both know it was just sex, but what the actual hell was he doing with her?"

"Do you know her?" She asks. "You don't seem hurt or anything."

I stare at myself in the mirror and sigh, "No, I'm not hurt," I say, "The girl is his ex, we only did this to get back at her for the way she was with him, and I just needed some sex at the time."

"I know; I thought you changed due to how long you both were having it," she says, "But also now you have to hear Anda with other women now."

I cringed, thinking about the conversation that Anda and I had in the living room moments ago. "I think I might have to hide," I said, feeling the embarrassment swoop in hard.

"What are you on about?" Praewa asks.

I told her what happened in the living room. After a few moments of her squealing loudly in my ear, which I had to move the phone away, she breathes heavily, "Oh my god, Lok" she says.

"She wants you," she says.

"I don't know; maybe she just feels sorry for me," I say, which makes me feel a little hurt. I have wanted to be with Anda since she moved into the house.

"Nope," she says. "I think she might want you as much as you have wanted her."

"I hardly think so" I said as I quickly moved from the chair to stand.

"You haven't seen the women she has brought back here," I said as I walked over to the window. I pulled the blinds back slightly to look outside.

Praewa laughs. "Yeah, but she was probably waiting for you to stop fucking that idiot and get with him."

I didn't say anything to her and kept looking out the window.

"Lok," she says.

"What?" I said as I turned around.

"I'm coming over. We can stay in, but I want you to do one thing for me," she says.