Chapter 7

LOOKKAEW

I can't believe I brought up Bright in front of Anda.

I didn't want to bring him up. I thought I could handle her, but something tells me Bright seems to think I'm still the weak, pathetic girl he was with ages ago.

Somehow, Bright found out about me getting this house from my father. He has been messaging me all the time, but I haven't responded. He seems to think he can worm his way back in.

I never thought I would like someone after what he did to me, but Anda, I have fallen for her hard. But that took over three years of being friends and getting to know one another over time.

"Earth to Lookkaew," calls Praewa, as she places the pizza boxes down on the coffee table.

I had best get this over with and tell them what's going on.

Praewa had always hated Bright, even when I was with him. I never believed her when she said he was a dick, and I should have listened to her.

I sigh, "Well, Bright has been texting me," I say as I look at her, but I look at Anda, who still has my hand in hers.

"What? Why would he be.." she says, but something registers in her head.

"The house, he found out about the house," she said.

I nodded, "Yeah, he did; he seems to think we should get back together," I said to her. "I haven't texted him back or anything; I've been ignoring him."

"I will kill the prick," she says.

She looks at me and places her hand on my knee. "I thought you blocked him," she said with her eyebrows raised slightly.

"I did, but he somehow knows my number," I said as I leaned over to grab another shot.

I knocked it back.

The room was in silence, and I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Look, I'm okay, and for all your information," I said as I leaned forward and grabbed a slice of pizza. "The pizza will get cold, so eat up."

Praewa looks at me, but Noon grabs a slice. I could also feel Anda's eyes on me.

I knew I shouldn't have brought it up.

I turned to her. "Stop looking at me like that," I said to her as she stared at me.

"I want to be with.." I say, but Praewa cuts me off. "Well, we will talk about that dick tomorrow. How about we have a good night?"

I smiled at her. "That's the plan," I said, but kept my eyes on Anda.

"Anda," I said, "Please drop it. I want to forget about it all."

Anda takes a few moments, but she nods, "Yeah, okay, let's get this party started."

We all turned to face the pizza. We all had a few slices and beers. We talked about what has been going on with everyone else's life.

While we were all talking, I could feel Anda's gaze on me a few times.

I could feel the tingles in my core ignite as I thought about what I would do to her. But I couldn't help myself, glancing at her when she wasn't looking.