𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Rudransh POV:

As my eyes closed for the last time, a flood of memories rushed through my mind like an unstoppable tide.

They say that when we're on the brink of death, our entire life flashes before our eyes. And so, in those final moments, I found myself reliving every moment of our story.

As I drifted into the unknown, I couldn't help but recall every twist and turn that led us to this moment. From our first meeting to here, every heartbeat echoed the melody of our shared journey.

So here it is, our story, etched in the sands of time, waiting to be told one last time.

I moved into a new apartment after my mother and father got divorced. My mom got remarried so I moved in with my father in a very new place to start everything new. After all the unpacking, my dad told me to go and play in the park with other kids.

So I went to the park to see many boys playing cricket and some girls were playing hide and seek. I was a very quiet kid, so I went to the edge of that park where it had a huge tree. I sat underneath that and started reading a book I bought.

Suddenly, I heard a small girl cry. I looked around to see no one. I thought it was my hallucination and started reading again, but I heard it again. So, I looked up to see a small girl sitting on that branch and crying. I asked slowly, "Why are you crying?"

She looked down at me and said, "I don't know how to get down. My brother said he will come find me, but he didn't come," with that she cried loudly again.

I climbed up the tree and said, "It's fine, I will help you get down. So, will you give me your hand?" She hesitantly nodded and gave me her small hand.

I slowly pulled her into my arms to avoid any scratches for her and jumped down. She then wiped her tears and gave me a smile, which made my heart beat faster.

Now that I am looking at her closely, she is beautiful for her age. I guess she is two-three years younger than me. Her doe eyes were so innocent, and her nose was scrunched a little, which was so adorable to see.

She moved her little hair strands back of her ears and jumped around me saying, "Thank you," and ran away.

"Rabbit," I smiled, whispering her nickname, and went back home.

In the evening, I heard my doorbell ring, so I went and opened it to see an uncle and aunty with a small boy who is around my age, I guess. I saw a little girl emerging out behind her dad's huge frame.

Rabbit? how come she is here? My dad came behind me and asked, "Is there anything I can help you with?" Her dad said, "No, no sir, we are living in the opposite house of yours for almost 10 years now. I heard there were new people coming to this house, and I also heard from my daughter that your son saved her today in the park. So we came to welcome you and thank you."

With that, my dad opened the door wide and said, "Please come in, would you like some tea?" The elders nodded as they headed to the kitchen.

My dad said, "Take the kids to your room, Rudra." I nodded and led the way for both of them.

The boy around my age forwarded his hand and said, "Hi, I am Aditya, Aditya Chowdary. I am studying 5th class now, and you?" I shook his hand and said, "I am Rudransh Raisa. I am studying in 4th class."

He said, "Cool," and looked around my room as I bent down to my little rabbit who was looking at me with big doe eyes. I ruffled her hair and said, "Hi Rabbit, how are you doing now? Do you have any scratches?" She shook her head and said, "I am Isha, Isha Chowdary. I am studying 2nd class."