15| 𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐚

Ishitha POV:

The last few days, I kept thinking about what Ansh told me, "You are mine, aren't you?" I have always wanted love. A love where we see people smiling on phones? Maybe just memes, but the idea of them receiving a heart-fluttering lovely compliment that made them smile like that gets me every time.

Ever seen people waiting for somebody to arrive and giving their best smiles when they see them? Yes, it gets me every time.

Ever seen people watching a movie scene and blushing like idiots? Yes, the idea of them imagining their partners holding them close, giving them heart eyes gets me every time.

Ever seen people staring at each other? Maybe some other reason, but the idea of them being madly in love with each other and hoping to be together till the rest of their lives gets me every time.

Seeing people holding hands, maybe crossing the roads or guiding throughout, but the idea of them caring about them that much, gets me every time.

Laughing with each other. Yes, the idea of being utterly in love with each other that you can't stop laughing and you can't even close your eyes in between because all you want is to see them laughing and that too "with you," it gets me every time.

Just the idea of two people in love with each other and never wanting to get out of it, yesss, it gets me every time. And I want something like that.

I zoned off in the garden thinking about this, and I didn't even notice Bhaiyya sitting beside me.

He asked, "Penny for your thoughts, princess?"

I smiled, saying, "No, Bhai, I am just confused over something." He said, "I know what it is, princess, but you are overthinking about it. I guess you should just listen to your heart rather than your mind."

I nodded as he said, "Give your heart to someone who will treasure it, princess, not someone who will shatter it." I again smiled, hugging him as he ruffled my hair and went back inside.

And Fluffy came, sitting beside me, I asked, "What?" He said, "Even I wanna tell you something, Mumma."

I asked again, "What is it?" He said, "If Dad is melody, you're the lyrics that give it meaning, Maa."

"What are you trying to say, Fluffy?" He said, "I mean, there is a reason I call you Mumma and him as Dad, so figure it out yourself."

With that, he got up and went back. Lyrics? Meaning? Whoa, he is talking so deep I can't understand anything. Maybe I am dumb.

Ansh called me, "Rabbit, it's already past your bedtime."

"Coming," I shouted and went to our room. He asked, "What are you doing outside in the cold, angel? Come, drink this warm milk and sleep."

After drinking, I tucked in with him as he pulled me close like we sleep every time. I asked Ansh, "What is your definition of home?"

He chuckled, saying, "Why are you asking this, Vie?"

I shrugged, asking, "Also, tell me what does Vie mean?" He looked at me with his elbow supporting his face. He said, "For me, home is wherever you are, Vie. And as for what does Vie mean, you will know it when the time comes. Okay, now come on, sleep. We have your school farewell tomorrow."

I nodded, hugging him. Soon, he fell asleep, but I couldn't sleep. If his home is wherever I am, then what is my definition of home? Let me think.

A building with four walls made of stones and bricks is not what you call a home, right? I think a home is a person who makes you feel at ease, someone with whom you can fully be yourself. You don't need to put up a mask of happiness; you can share all your insecurities and fears with them because deep down, you feel they won't judge you and will listen without interruption.