13| 𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐚

Ishitha POV:

I woke up to an empty bed, yawning as I got out of bed. I checked the side table to see if Ansh left me any note. Weird, he always leaves a note before leaving. So, I went downstairs, and no one was to be seen.

I called out, "Adi bhaiyya?" No response.

"Ansh?" Still no response.

I went to his office room, but no one was there. I looked around the palace and asked some of the workers, but nobody saw both of them since morning. Where is Fluffy? I called out loudly, "Fluffy?" No response.

Is he gone too? Did everyone abandon me? Every day I wake up to this fear of being abandoned. I guess after all, I am useless to everyone, just as I was to my parents. I am just a criminal who killed her own brother.

I never craved for peace like I do right now. I don't want to wake up angry, upset, or have any negative thoughts. I just want to be happy and have peace with everything. Is it too much to ask?

Wait, what if Ansh wanted to leave me a message but he couldn't? But what was so urgent and important than me? No, if I let my emotions take over, I will start blinking again, and Guru said if my whole body blinks, then no one can save me.

I sighed, calming down. I tried to focus on the air. Maybe he left some note through the air, and I could hear a faint voice, 'I will be back by evening.'

Yes, it is Ansh. I sighed, finally relieved. If he is having work, then he will take Adi bhaiyya with him, but why did he take Fluffy with him? I guess he is at home.

I commanded, "Aarush, wherever you are, come in front of me right now!" After a few seconds, I saw him coming through the main door in his lion form with blood around his fur.

What in the hell? I shook him to lessen the effect of my command, and soon he was out of it, his eyes widening when he saw me.

I asked, "Can you transform back, Fluffy?" He nodded and went to his room. Oh my god, look at this giant creature. He now looks like the real king of the forest, but in our home though.

Soon, he came back in his human form, but his eyes were still so cold, and he was nervous. I asked slowly, "Want to talk about it, kiddo?"

He sighed, looking down. I said, "It's okay, you don't need to." He shook his head, saying, "Please don't be scared of me, Mumma. Also, please don't send me abroad again."

Aww, my baby. He thought I would send him away? I pulled him close to me and said, "A mother will never leave her children, Fluffy."

"But your mom did. That is why I am scared, Mumma,"

Hurt was all I felt. True, a mother will never leave her children at any cost, but if my mother left me, how much pain did I cause her? A lone tear escaped my eye. Immediately, Fluffy wiped it, saying, "I didn't mean it in that way, Mumma. I am sorry."

I ruffled his hair and said, "It's okay. Now, care to tell me what happened?" He said, "In the morning, I was feeling so itchy, so I shifted to my original form and went around the garden. And when I went a little far, I saw some people spying near our boundary. So, I observed them closely, and they had weapons with them, and I sensed danger from them, so I killed both of them."

He just killed them without any proof. I sighed, saying, "Just because they were trespassing, you can't kill people, Fluffy."

He said, "You don't know many things happening around you, Mumma. You are so kindhearted for this world."

I smacked his head, saying, "And how many years old are you to say this? You are speaking as if you have spent more time than I did."

He said, "I can't tell you all those details, Mumma. Also, we are getting late for school. Let's talk once we are back, okay?" I nodded.