16| 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚

Rudransh POV:

Adi and Fluffy wished her as she cut her birthday cake. After some time, Isha and I are walking hand in hand along a beach.

She wished to visit a beach as her birthday wish—when did I ever say no to her wishes? So here we are.

She sat on the shore and patted beside her. I gave her a smile and sat beside her. She asked, "You waited...?"

Her eyes searched mine for confirmation. I smiled gently, nodding in response. "Of course," I replied, my voice soft with sincerity. "Because why not? Lord Shiva waited for a thousand years for Devi Sati to be reborn as Parvathi, and just like him, this Rudra will also wait eternity for my Isha."

She wiped her tears, asking, "What did I do to deserve you, Ansh?" I kissed her forehead, saying, "You're the reason for my existence, Isha. You deserve the world, and if I can't give it to you, I'll spend my entire life trying."

She held my hand tight and looked into my eyes, asking, "Wasn't it hard for you, Ansh? Waiting for me?" I chuckled, saying, "It was. In fact, some days I thought death was better. But no, I have to live for you. The thought of you coming back to me kept me alive."

She said, "I am sorry I made you wait for so long, Ansh." I wiped her tear, saying, "It's fine, angel. Now you're back, aren't you? I am more than happy."

She asked, "How many years, Ansh?"

I tilted my head slightly left to see her puffed eyes face and said, "257 years, 11 months, 24 days, 15 minutes, 7 seconds."

Her eyes widened, and she launched on me with full force, hugging the soul out of me. She peppered kisses on my face and said, "I lobe you, Ansh."

I placed my forehead on hers and said, "I lobe you too, rabbit." The wait to hold her hands, the wait to sit by her side, the wait to just look into her eyes, to hug her, to hold her in my arms—I cannot explain what my heart went through when we were apart. Now I am finally happy that she is in my arms, loving me.

She whispered, "So you will be aging now." I chuckled, nodding. She asked, "So how old are you now?"

I said more like a fact, "I am almost 270 years old now." She jumped, shouting, "270 years? Are you kidding me? You're practically ancient, Ansh!"

"Ancient? I'll have you know I've aged like fine wine, thank you very much," I retorted. Who is she calling old?

"More like ancient vinegar," she scoffed.

"Seriously, have you ever considered retirement?" she asked again.

"Retirement? With you around, every day feels like a new adventure." I said.

"Aw, trying to sweet-talk your way out of admitting you're ancient, huh?" she patted my shoulder. I said, shrugging, "Age is just a number, angel. And besides, I've got centuries of experience to offer."

"Well, let's hope that experience includes knowing when to stop with the cheesy lines," she retorted.

"Fine, let's go home," I said. She nodded, tagging on my arm. After we teleported, I carried her to our room since she already fell asleep. I bet she must be so tired. I tucked her in and sat beside her, caressing her hair. How peaceful is her face while sleeping! I could stare at her for all eternity.

She doesn't like people touching her, but she let me hug her tight. She doesn't like people holding hands, but she craves mine in hers. She doesn't like cringe stuff, but calls it romantic when I do it. She doesn't like talking to people, but with me, she never shuts up.