Discoveries

~~~CHAPTER 2~~~

Tw:blood, abuse, cringy trope

The next few days went by slowly. Miri had Avengers constantly asking if he was alright, to the point where it was angering. Miri couldn't understand why it made him so mad despite the Avengers just trying to care. "I'm fine!" Miri shouted and shoved Loki away for the 5th time that day. Loki sighed and nodded. "My love, I know you're..going through-" "I'm not going through anything!" Miri huffed once again, pushing Loki's hand away.

Loki knew Miri was still thinking about the person he saw the other day, and he couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt in his stomach. He had lied to Miri about trying to find that man, and he honestly hoped it would resolve itself, but no. Miri had started to do more dangerous tasks as time went on. Miri had said he was just looking for the man, but there were times Loki would wake up at night to find Miri out of bed just to realize he had gone out to 'help' agents of the FBI who were hunting for Hydra soldiers. Miri would disguise himself as one of them just to hear plans and other things. It was becoming an obsession as the months passed. It had gotten so bad that Nick Fury had to step in and tell Miri he was going on a temporary suspension. Miri sat in Nick Fury's office.

"YOU'RE DOING WHAT TO ME?" Miri gasped, appalled that Fury would even suggest such a thing. "There have been reports of files going missing from the FBI." Fury explained, and Miri gave him an annoyed look. "who says that has anything to do with me?" Miri scoffed. He knew he had been caught, but he was also the god of mischief's husband. There had to be a way to talk himself out of this. If Loki could do it, why couldn't he? Besides, every time he read a document, he put it back. There was no reason they should be missing. "Cameras at Shield caught you using your illusion magic to turn yourself into an FBI agent before teleporting to a base. You have also been staying up late at night and working way harder than you normally have. This all started back when Thor found you bleeding out on the forest floor, whispering a name. Tell me, Miri, Who is Valiaun?" Fury asked after explaining to Miri his proof. 

Miri felt his blood run cold. He was sure he had been careful enough not to get caught, and he really didn't think he was working much harder than before besides studying where the next hydra base could be. "I.. don't know what you're talking about, what documents?" Miri said, annoyed. "I have enough evidence to prove to the rest of the Avengers that you're not in your right mind. I think it's best you take some leave time." Fury said, his voice was stern. Miri let out an irritated sigh. It wasn't fair. "But- I'm perfectly fine!" Miri whined, "You are not." Fury interjected. Despite Miri's pleading, it seemed Fury had his mind set, and no amount of begging and bribing could change that fact. Miri sighed in defeat, and Fury gave him a look as if he knew exactly what Miri was thinking.

"And before you believe you can just go off and continue to do this stuff under Shield's nose again, we are going to put an ankle bracelet on you to prevent that," Fury stated, and Miri's mouth went agape. "WHAT!? FURY-" Miri started, but Fury continued to speak over him. "And Loki will be keeping an eye on you 24/7. He is not to let you out of his sight." Fury raised his voice over Miri's complaining, "YOU'RE TREATING ME LIKE A CRIMINAL!" Miri huffed, and Fury raised an eyebrow. "You're lucky you're not considered a criminal! Do you know the sentence for stealing classified documents!?" the documents again. Miri sighed.

 "I didn't steal any documents!" Miri was getting annoyed. He may be desperate, but he's not stupid. Fury stood up, slamming his hands down on his desk in anger. "Stop lying!" he shouted. "You're lucky you're a national hero! Otherwise, you would be behind bars right now!" Fury shouted. Miri was absolutely confused. He was sure he had never stolen a file. Perhaps someone else had done it, and it was just most convenient to blame it on Miri.