Work and Family

~~~CHAPTER 4~~~

Tw:children, fighting, corruption,weapons. the usual lol

At the Avengers compound Miri sat cuddled with Loki on the couch. It had been almost 4 months since his suspension and since nobody could find that file Miri was still forced to keep the monitor on. It wasn't too bad, Miri got to spend time with Loki and it made him forget about the whole Valiaun thing...or so that's what Loki thought. Loki flipped a page in his book while Miri snored peacefully on his chest. The other Avengers had gone out to stop a winter soldier threat so they had the compound basically to themselves. That was until Steve walked in holding something, Thor followed him. Loki looked at them with a raised eyebrow noting the amount of blood on both Thor and Steve. "Loki, we need to talk to you, alone." Steve glanced from Miri to Loki who gave them a confused look.

 "And why is that?" Loki asked "Brother, it is very important you come with us to speak since it involves Miri" Thor reasoned with Loki causing his eyes to narrow "he's already told you that he dosnt have the file" Loki sighed annoyed while rubbing circles on miris back as he slept. Steve shook his head "It's about something else" he said causing Loki to raise his brow once again before sighing and gently repositioning Miri so he wasn't on top of him anymore. Loki stood up, "Fine," he was rather annoyed to have been interrupted while reading his book, however, Loki was curious about what they had to say so he followed them to the kitchen.

 "Now what's so important that it required my attention immediately? Did someone get hurt and require me to summon a bandaid?" Loki asked sarcastically and Steve cleared his throat. "A few months ago Miri was brought back to the compound whispering the name Valiaun." He spoke, his voice direct. Loki felt his blood run cold once again as he just stared at Steve. "What about it?" He asked, his sarcasm replaced with an emotionless glare causing both Thor and Steve to glance at each other. "We were fighting a winter soldier today however he left suddenly and while we were cleaning up we found this," Steve responded as he handed the phone to Loki. "Reading through the messages the name Valiaun is mentioned." He said when Loki opened the phone reading the messages. Lokis eyes scanned the small screen reading the name Valiaun over and over again. 

"It's..not possible." Loki scoffed snapping the phone closed and shoving it back into Steve's hand. "Valiaun died 20 years ago." Loki was more annoyed now, the name had to be a coincidence, someone had just named their child Valiaun as well. It's common for people to have the same name...but..valiaun was a unique name. It was Ojanian, why would a mortal have the name Valiaun? No..he couldn't get his hopes up. Valiaun was dead. He watched him die. Thor watched Loki stare off into space "So you do know a valiaun, brother?" He asked, this meant Loki had previously lied about not knowing the name. Loki turned away from them crossing his arms. "A valiaun. But he died. He's gone."

 Lokis coldness took both Steve and Thor by surprise. Thor had never seen his brother be so cold except for when he found out he was adopted. "Brother..you're being very defensive- I haven't seen you this way in years. Who was Valiaun? Why is that name causing you and Miri such torment?" Thor asked and Loki's fists clinch so tightly his knuckles turn white. "It's nothing Thor. You wouldn't understand." Loki scoffed once more not wanting to talk about the dead son he mourned so dearly. "Brother." Thor sighed, he thought there were no more secrets between them. Apparently, he was wrong. 

"please." His tone was soft as he asked his brother to open up to him. "Just drop it thor. The names have to be just a coincidence" Loki barked, he didn't mean to have an attitude with Thor however pressuring him to come clean about Valiaun was annoying him. Valiaun was dead. End of story. Loki tried to walk away but Thor grabbed his arm "Coincidence or not Loki, you swore not to hide anything from me anymore. Why are you so insistent on keeping things from me now?" Thor demanded and Loki tried to shrug Thor off which only made his grip tighten. "Brother, who is-..who was valiaun," Thor asked again. Loki felt his chest tighten as memories of what had happened flashed in his mind.