Not Ours

Tw:long af, mention of abuse(maybe?),Mention of the multiverse,mention of drugs, angst ofc but nothing to bad oh and also burns <3

~~~CHAPTER 8~~~

"So are you just going to stare at me or..." 

They had been sitting in silence for about five minutes, Miri just staring at Valiaun. Not a word was spoken until Valiaun prompted "If this is a manipulation tactic to get me to talk... it didn't work, I wanted to talk to you anyway." Valiaun sat up again and copied Miri's pose, crossing his hands on the table exactly like Miri had done minutes prior. 

"It's not...manipulation" Miri whispered as he looked into Valiaun's eyes, he couldn't believe it. His little boy was right in front of him, alive and grown up...he wondered how his life had been, how he had survived Odin's wrath..but he knew he couldn't ask those questions. It was too early and Valiaun probably didn't know about his true heritage. "You remember me, don't you? You stabbed me a couple months ago" Miri said more bluntly than he would like to admit. Valiaun frowned slightly "Yeah." he mumbled "Did you cast a spell on me then?" Valiaun tilted his head looking into Miri's eyes, trying to decide whether Miri was planning to lie. 

"A..spell?" Miri asked, almost offended that Valiaun would suggest such a thing "No, the only spells I cast were to protect myself," Miri reasoned. Valiaun let out a quiet hum of acknowledgment. "Then why have you been in my head?" Valiaun now sat up straight once more, his fingers balled into fists. "I've been..in your head?" Miri's brows furrowed before valiaun responded "In my dreams. I'm always so young yelling the same words. 'Zaza, zaza,' i dunno. Perhaps I'm crazy. Zaza is a drug no? It's just slang..crazy what the human mind comes up with." Valiaun scoffed and put his head in his hands he expected Miri to laugh or something but there was nothing.

Valiaun moved his hand so he could glance at Miri, the god's face...he looked horrified, his eyes flashed a light blue color, a color that Valiaun had seen many times from his own eyes. "Uhm" Valiaun chuckled. "You have a problem, man?"

 Valiaun rolled his eyes. He couldn't understand why Miri suddenly had this petrified look on him nor why he felt the need to activate his magic... The door to the cell opened shortly after that and Loki entered "Love, come on" Loki went over to Miri and put a hand on his shoulder but quickly pulled away as his hand got burnt. "Uff!" Loki exclaimed and held his own hand, it was red as if he had just laid it on top of a lit stove. Miri quickly looked up at him his eyes wide "Loki.." he whispered, his eyes that had been glowing a bright blue color now returned to their normal almond brown.

"Loki I...I didn't mean to I'm sorry" Miri looked at Loki's red hand, it was clear he was developing a 2nd-degree burn. Valiauns eyes narrowed once more as he studied the swelling on Loki's hand, his lips pursed as he remembered his own magic when he was a child, how he had accidentally hurt Strucker while throwing a childish tantrum...

That was the day Strucker found out that Valiaun had magic. The testing started soon after. Though he couldn't remember much from his childhood he did remember the needles, the electric shocks, and the beatings. The beatings he received every time he misbehaved. Valiaun shivered, he didn't like thinking about them. Miri was still apologizing to Loki, 'Is he scared of getting beat as well?' Valiaun thought to himself and tilted his head as he watched Miri beg for forgiveness. Loki simply pulled Miri into his arms and shushed him, it wasn't a hard shush it was comforting. 

Loki brushed Miri's hair out of his face. "Love, don't worry about it. It was an accident" Loki smiled despite his hand throbbing Miri pulled away from Loki wiping his eyes, he looked at Loki's hand again and took it in his own, Loki winced as Miri started tracing his fingers among his hurt palm Miri used his magic to heal Loki's hand "I'm sorry" he whispered again.