Missing Object

~~~CHAPTER 6~~~

TW:strict 'parent' and the usual also skipping meals

Valiaun had turned his room upside down 8 times looking for it, before deciding that his phone wasn't there. After cleaning up, he put his mic on his ear, grabbed his coat, and walked back out to New York. He was dressed in civilian clothing so as to not draw attention to himself, walking the streets looking for any sign of the phone but there was nothing. He had hoped that maybe it had gotten destroyed in the heat of the battle, though his gut said otherwise. He sat on the curb watching traffic go by.

"This is a mess" he sighed pressing his hands against his head trying to decide what exactly to do. Glancing up he saw a couple of police officers seeming to be looking for any suspects. Valiaun decided maybe it was best to head back so he stood up. The police were questioning some civilians as Valiaun walked back down the road. The debris from the previous explosions was still on the streets, his stomach turned as he saw blood on the rubble. Normally he didn't return to the scene of a crime he had committed unless it was to plant deterrents, little pieces of evidence that would make sure people didn't pick up on Hydra's scent. 

Most people had thought Hydra had died out during World War Two but smart people knew that wasn't true. As he made it back to the base a chill ran down his spine he saw his father giving orders to Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes, Barnes was a super soldier long before Valiaun was. Valiaun had always looked up to the man though it was clear Barnes had been through stuff. His shiny metallic arm reflected in the light. Valiaun recalled the stories he had heard about his fellow winter soldier, Barnes was found by Hydra and saved by being turned into a soldier. He had been fighting for the wrong side and Hydra took pity on him and saved his life, barnes has been loyal to Hydra ever since though recently Sargent Barnes had been getting these absurd ideas about how he knew an avenger and how an avenger had called him bucky on their last mission. 

As Barnes was dismissed Strucker turned to Valiaun and gave him a stern look "Why are you roaming about? You know you're not supposed to, boy." He spoke, his voice cold. "I was coming from the gym then I went to get dinner since I missed it." Valiaun lied with a straight face, something he learned how to do as a child. He summoned a sack of lunch with a flick of his fingers and held it up to Strucker. Struckers eyes narrowed before he straightened himself "Hurry up and get back to your room. You will have an early start tomorrow" Valiaun raised a brow, an early start normally meant he was being sent to take care of a special target. "Yes sir" Val nodded as he looked down avoiding the shorter man's gaze. Strucker walked over to him and gave his shoulder a firm pat before walking away in another direction.

In Valiaun's room, not bothering to change his clothes he collapsed on the bed again. Stretching his stiff muscles he looked up at the ceiling. There were exactly 50 tiles on his ceiling. He had counted them often as a way to pass the time, this was no exception. "One..two...three" Valiaun said aloud trying to get his mind off of the day. That woman had known who he was, "four five six" How had she known that? He never used his name with anyone besides Lumi, but Lumi knows how dangerous his job is so she only uses it in private. "seven eight nine" unless... "Ten..eleven..she has my phone." he sits up on his bed abruptly. Shield had his phone..they had to. There were very few ways for someone to know exactly who he was but since his phone was missing..that made the most sense. He had to get it back. Not only because Shield could find out his secrets- but Hydra could as well.

~~~~~~~~~

Thor paced his room, finding out that his father was not the god he looked up to and aspired to be...it was almost too much. Odin had supposedly killed his nephew and condemned his sister to Helheim. He wondered what else had been kept from him. Scratching his head he sighed and looked at the ceiling, he definitely needed some air. Thor put his hand out and his hammer immediately flew into it with a clink