13.

A day or two later Destiny woke up a bit earlier that day compared to how she had the previous days, it was the day before Layla and Mitchell's wedding and Destiny had decided to pack all of the makeup she was using for the bridesmaids and Layla's makeup early so she wouldn't have to do a last-minute hustle the next day. Doing this was also to aid in preventing an eventual breakdown due to not finding something and making a mess of her makeup case, which honestly nobody would want. She was so focused on doing her own prep for tomorrow's busy schedule she had not even realized that Levi had woken up.

"Destiny what are you doing at..." the boy paused looking at the clock then continued. "8:30 in the morning..." he groaned, seeing what time it was. "It is too early."

"Well, my cute redhead roommate, I'm packing for tomorrow's festivities." Destiny said, looking back at him through the cracked door giving him a playful smirk.

"Fuck do not smile at me like that Tiny, you're making a man weak over here."

Destiny chuckled at this but turned back to her current pile of products on the vanity before speaking too Levi, responding to his earlier statement.

"Oh, I know. It's a skill of mine, I'm sure you know."

Levi sighed, rolling his eyes before pushing himself up off the bed and walks to where Destiny was and smirks, wrapping his arms around her and putting his head near her ear, whispering. "Do not play games like that Tiny, I may be cute, but you know... I can be rough, when need be, and with the Tension between us, I don't know how much longer I can stand it."

Destiny's breath caught in her throat she completely forgot how much this side of Levi affected her. 

"Levi, I need to get this done." Destiny mutters putting her palms over his which were rested on her waist.

Levi just hummed in response kissing her cheek then going down her neck softly. "Ok, then let me... Help you relax while you do this."

Destiny did not respond this time just letting her senses be enveloped by him and his soft loving touches, the way his words soothed her and made her feel safe and loved never failed to make her heart flutter and make her stomach do a million flips all at once or so it seemed. But the feelings of nervousness and excitement returned once more as the idea of them together, intertwined in each other made her feel all these things at once and much more.

"Hmm nothing to say Tiny?" usually, you give me some kind of sarcastic or witty response, I wonder why you're so quiet now?" Levi chuckled, squeezing her hips ever so gently.

Fuck. He is not making it easy to focus. Destiny thought to herself, abandoning her current task she turned around facing him, staring him down with a challenging glare, he stared her down back not breaking eye contact, neither did she in spite of her rapidly beating heart and her surely pink cheeks, she would not back down. Her pride would not permit it.

Levi was similar while yes everyone knew him to be the sweetheart, the gentleman, the prince charming, he knew better than anyone that Destiny was no quitter in any challenge- so he rivaled it the only way he knew how to, by being just as competitive - maybe even more so. He wanted to show a certain air of confidence, that he could be the one to alongside her, to show every man who tries to step to him, to swoon Destiny's affections away from him, that he was the one that would love her and worship the ground she walked on every day and night for as long as time permitted him to. But most of all he wanted to show Destiny that he was not scared of her successes, her independence - in fact he reveled in the shine, he was proud. Levi saw everyday day in and day out, she put her blood sweat and tears into her dream, she was his inspiration for a lot of his own success even after their breakup way back when.

   He spent a lot of late nights in college thinking of her work ethic and how devoted she was too making her dream come true with thinking of that that pushed him to excel and ultimately got him the job he had now in marine biology.

The tension continued on, and you could cut this tension with a knife, neither ex would back down. Destiny decided there was enough standing around and pulled him into a heated kiss. Levi who was shocked returned the kiss with just as much passion making both exes breathless. As they broke away from the kiss Levi smiled, holding Destiny's face gently, rubbing her jaw with his thumb.

 "You're so beautiful baby." Levi spoke softly.

"Thank you." Destiny smiled looking down, for the first time in the six years they have been apart she felt shy- truly shy. Sure, she had a few one-night stands but nothing serious that made her feel this way. Destiny knew at the beginning of them being reunited she would have unresolved feelings for her ex-boyfriend and she knew deep down that the chances of falling back in love were high but to her own judgement she chose to ignore it, boy did that backfire- because instead of falling back in love, she plunged back in and all the feelings hit her at once sure it came in little spurts before, but now- in this moment everything came rushing back in a montage, sort of like an old school movie, the good the bad and everything in between, it made her realize fully how in love with Levi she truly was, and still is too this day.

"Levi..." Destiny mutters, breaking away from her thoughts looking up at him with soft eyes.

"Yeah baby?" he said in response still holding her face.

Destiny forgot her words once again being thrown off by all too familiar nickname.

"What baby?" he chuckled softly, obviously playing up the innocent character. Acting as if he had no idea what she was talking about.

"Why are you calling me baby?" Destiny asked releasing from Levi's hold and leaning against the wall.

"Well, you're my baby aren't you."

Levi couldn't help the playful smirk that made its way onto his face and noticed destiny flushed cheeks as well as her shocked expression which he saw turned into one of flustered embarrassment. This was a rare sight though, so Levi took in the sight with glee, a soft smile making it's way onto his own features.

"I- um yes- I sure." Destiny mumbled continuing to be shocked and caught off guard by Levi's words, but that was not anything new to her, but the most shocking thing was how he became so bold, it was a contrast compared to his high school days when he was a lot shyer and passive about a lot of things, especially when it came to pet names and anything romantic and for her this change made her feel proud of him, he had grown up from the quiet prankster she met in study hall their freshman year into a confident young man, seeing the change was a different experience it was exciting and comforting in a strange way that Destiny could not quite place.

"Really Tiny? You don't sound so sure." he chuckled.

Destiny paused thinking of her words carefully before speaking again."

"Levi, I'm proud of you, you've grown so much and... It makes me happy to see. Destiny admits pushing herself off the wall gripping Levi's hands in her own, giving them a tight squeeze.

Levi looked down his once cool and composed exterior wearing down underneath her praise, Destiny as a whole made him feel weak in the knees, but her words carried such meaning to him that for some reason he valued them more than anyone else's, it meant the world that she said she was proud of him that reassurance that at least one person was seeing his efforts and acknowledging them made it all worth it.. He knew that his family was proud of him, but with everything going on with Layla's engagement and now her marriage it sometimes seemed as though he was forgotten about. He also tried to keep Layla oblivious to his feelings on the matter, she did not need any more stress than she had currently with wedding preparations.

Destiny saw that Levi seemed to be in his own world, so she continued to speak hoping to bring him at least a little bit of peace in his mind. "I know how hard you have worked, from what you told me it took a long time to get where you are in your career and that shows with everything you do." Destiny said in a hushed tone, it was only them in their own little world.

"Thank you."

"You do not need to thank me Levi."

"I do though. You saying all of this made me so happy." Levi mutters "Let me take you to the Aquatic rescue center, that is where I work, I want you to see my world." 

"Ok." Destiny nods "Let's go." Destiny smiled putting on her shoes and they left together. Hand and hand.