Episode 7 - The Pirate's Life

How to Eat Life - Eve

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Opening 1

»»»---------------------------------»»»

Her ribs creaked as she turned a sharp corner and she mumbled obscenities under her breath. Usually she would have no problem outrunning them, but with her injuries any movement caused her to wish she was ribless. Scratch that, just remove her whole torso. 

Seeing the incoming group of Marines intent on cutting her off as she ran from the ones behind her, she made a split decision to run into an alley. 

"We got you cornered now-!" 

Using the walls on either side as leverage she grabbed the top of the wall and heaved herself over. Landing on the other side, she rolled to soften her fall, but hearing another crack caused her to tumble to the ground onto her face. 

"Fuckkkk...." Yuria groaned clutching her chest her breathing labored and uneven. Her hat had fallen off and she groped around until she grabbed the familiar object and slung it around her neck. The shouts of the Marines on the other side of the wall ushered her to get up.

On unsteady legs, she stumbled along the wall until she made it to the exit of the alleyway. Leaning against the wall for a second to catch her breath she looked both ways to make sure she was in the clear. 

With a relieved sigh she took a step forward...

...and dodged to her left smacking the side of her head into the wall. 

"Holy shit!" Yuria cried out squatting and holding her head as a bump formed. At least her head wasn't bleeding...

"Aren't you Vice Admiral Garp's protege?" A female voice asked in front of her clearly being the one who had launched the attack from above. Still holding her head, Yuria's eyes traveled up the legs garbed in burgundy fabric to a pink haired woman with her white Marine jacket draped over her shoulders. 

"Hina-san..." Yuria mumbled after she recognized the woman. She had met the Marine Captain a few times during her years of training. She was even in Yuria's journal of Devil Fruit users since the woman had the powers of the Ori Ori no Mi. Yuria didn't move from her spot as she rubbed her sore head.

"Hina is assuming you aren't the mastermind behind the trafficking here in Alabasta like Hina's men report?" 

"No..." Yuria said standing up while being cautious of her ribs. She was on guard against the Marine Captain because although she wasn't attacking her currently, she didn't know if her stance would change. "...that baldy is actually a trafficker himself. He's the one who transported me here." 

"Hina's having a hard time believing you when you are wearing the clothes of a trafficker." 

"I stole it from them to infiltrate them." The pink-haired woman readjusted the cigarette in her mouth to the other side of her lips. 

"Why did you infiltrate them?" Yuria remained silent as she looked away from the woman who crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes behind her sunglasses. "If you do not respond, then Hina will assume you're lying." 

"I'm not lying...I just can't tell you." Yuria mumbled the second portion of her response her eyes wandering everywhere avoiding the intimidating figure like the plague. Her back was getting sweaty under the pressure which wasn't the best feeling as it trickled into her back wounds with a sting.3