Episode 14 - A Battle to the Death!

Idol - YOASOBI (Heart Pirates vers.)

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Opening 3

»»»---------------------------------»»»

Yuria slipped out the window as she scaled the building to reach the rooftop of The Syrup Inn. It was time to get to work.

It was pretty easy for Yuria to relocate the group of men from earlier. They were on their way to spend all the money Yuria had "foolishly" given them on booze, but were currently stopped loudly squabbling over who gets to hold the money. Fools. Why does it matter who gets to hold the money if you spend all of it on alcohol at once? That's what she would see Zoro do whenever Nami gave him spending money. 

...

Okay, maybe Zoro is a terrible example to follow...

Although it was still early in the evening, due to the increasingly chilly temperatures, there were not many people outside. This worked out perfectly for Yuria as the less people there were walking about the less of chance she would be seen. 

Maybe my persona should have been an assassin...no, no that would have scared Maple off. It's not like I'm actually assassinating them anyways. Thief? Nope, I wouldn't have been allowed to stay in the inn...

She slapped her cheeks lightly to regain focus when there was finally movement from the quartet of fools. Their argument must have resolved poorly as they all walked away in different directions. Judging by the stormy expressions on the other three, they hadn't received a single Beri. She had indirectly caused four friends to fall out just like that. Yuria shuddered as the power and destructive force of money was terrifying. Oh, well. Unfortunately for them, they had only made it easier for her to pick them off one-by-one. 

When deciding who to go for first, she ultimately decided to go for the guy with her money before he spent it all. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, despite the snow and ice, with relative ease she followed behind the grumbling man silently. When he turned into an alleyway as a shortcut to the wherever he was going she knew that was her one chance. 

Other than having her money, Yuria had a large grudge against this guy. As if to remind her, her stomach gurgled in protest. Not only had he burned Maple with it, but she hadn't been able to finish the delicious beef stew and her free drinks had been wasted because of this bastard. 

The bounty hunter placed his hands behind his head as he leisurely walked whistling along the way. It had been overall a good day for him. Sure he may have lost his closest friends now, but now he had enough money to afford that engagement ring. If he included his savings, maybe he could finally quit being a bounty hunter and settle down with her. 

With his mind lost in his imagination of his soon-to-be future with his beloved he wasn't prepared when a snowball hit him in the face. Before he could scream from the shock a sharp chop to the neck had him out like a light. With the money once again in her possession, Yuria dusted her hands together as she admired her handiwork. Using a few of her needles, while dissipating the rest, she had pinned the man by his clothes to the wall. Then, with her finger dipped in ink, she had doodled all over the man's face with whiskers and random markings. Hearing voices of approaching people near the alley entrance, Yuria scaled the wall to hide on a rooftop to escape.

The other three were easy to find, as while she had been dealing with their ex-friend, they had met up again and were ranting with one another about what they hated about him. As they were grouped up, it was a little harder to act, but it didn't prove too much of a challenge to Yuria who had become use to groups of three to four. The bounty hunters and Marine soldiers had begun avoiding traveling alone or in pairs due to the attacks. However, they severely underestimated one thing: knowledge about their attacker. They didn't know a single thing except that they would attack suddenly without warning, knock them out swiftly, and then steal articles of clothes, weapons, or money. They wouldn't even know it if their attacker happened to cross their paths earlier that day or not or if they were watching them currently.