Episode 9 - Seo Family

Hated by Life Itself. - Mafumafu Cover

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Opening 2

»»»---------------------------------»»»

Two days. That's how long it would take for the log pose to set. As long as Yuria laid low and didn't go into town then it would be okay- at least in theory.

Although there were beds on the Thousand Sunny, it was still nice to sleep in beds on land and the Straw Hats did so whenever they could. So, when Zac had offered them his house they readily agreed. Of course, there was an issue with the lack of space since Zac's home only had two bedrooms: the master and guest bedroom.

However, this was easily resolved as Yuria made a point that Robin, Nami, and her could stay at her old home. It wouldn't pose an issue with staying out of sight since her childhood home was located outside of town like Zac's. 

Before the girls went their separate ways, Zac continued to tell them more about the new group in Cape Castle and the state of the town. 

It was quite terrible as the islanders of Rina Island never thought they would return to those dark days. The more-than-a-decade worth of peace had made them naive and gullible.  

The new group was definitely stronger than the old one. They were more organized, thorough, and cruel. They moved into the town like a silent storm, giving the islanders no say, as they forcibly moved into Cape Castle. When Zac had discovered that his wife and son were missing he was told that his son had actually been the first to disappear right out of their home. They were an easy target: a 'widow' and her child not even old enough to run errands alone. His wife had soon followed after going missing. She had hysterically went out searching for her missing baby boy- the last remanent of her 'late' husband. 

The islanders had an idea where they had gone. At that time, everyone on Rina Island cared for one another deeply so some of the townspeople marched to Cape Castle ready to give these outsiders a peace of their mind. Except, they were met with a tragedy. Their bodies were found left to bake in the afternoon sun; hanging from the castle walls. 

The islanders of Rina Island became more withdrawn after that event. They were wary of sticking their necks out for others as they stuck to their own families in order to protect themselves. However, it didn't stop the islanders from being affected regardless if they stood up to them or not. Most businesses, including The Paradise Lobster and the cafe Yuria had mentioned, had been shutdown. The families that had owned them had their families torn apart by the forceful thugs that were sent from Cape Castle. 

The businesses that could stay open were not much better off. They were forced to stay open due to their usefulness or simply because the higher ups of the group liked to frequent them. The owners of those establishments had to dutifully serve the evil that took away members of their family and friends with a smile on their face or they would be the next batch of seagull feed.

As well, as an aftereffect of the destruction of the islanders' solidarity was the increase of pirates wreaking havoc on the island. In better times, if pirates dared to cause a ruckus they were met with the fury of the whole island. They would be chased off and it became known to fellow pirates to either avoid the island and attempt to make your way to the next island or keep your head down as your log pose set.