Episode 18 - Coffee

Idol - YOASOBI (Heart Pirates vers.)

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Opening 3

»»»---------------------------------»»»

Ikkaku was still asleep when she returned to their room. According to the clock on the wall, it was nearly five in the morning now. She pulled another towel from her dresser as she sat in her desk chair. She began vigorously drying her hair with her mind racing. 

She couldn't decide what was worse: the nightmare she was trying to distract herself from or these perpetual awkward situations with Law. She hoped this wasn't a sign of what was to come for the next two years. It'd make learning how to control her Devil Fruit a teensy bit difficult if she had to avoid the one teaching her said control. 

Maybe if she acted like nothing happened? Yeah, no. She didn't trust herself to do that. 

Yuria winced as she accidentally pulled a hair while combing through it with her fingers. She got up and walked over to her dresser to pull on some clothes.

Was there anyone else within the Heart Pirates with a Devil Fruit who could teach her? She had finally met all of them last night, but from the fight at the bar, it didn't seem like any of them did

She began to pace back and forth across the room as she became lost in thought.

Maybe she needed to think in the reverse? What if she purposely got them in awkward situations so it becomes normal...

Yuria ruffled her hair furiously in frustration.  

Is it too late to leave and forget our deal even happened?

Yuria sighed as she walked back to sit in her chair again, except she misjudged how far the chair was. She was sent sprawling to the floor grasping at the chair legs in an attempt to try to save herself. Sitting on the metal floor of the submarine she was just glad that at least she wasn't butt-naked. She leaned back on the front of the chair sighing. She winced as her back injuries burned. On her way down, the chair had grazed them.

"I'll pretend I didn't see that." Ikkaku's voice made her jump as she whipped her head over to Ikkaku's hammock. While her heart rate was coming down from the scare, she could feel herself flush as she scratched her head.

"Thanks and sorry, Ikkaku. Did I wake you?" 

"With your endless pacing, how could I not?" Yuria gave the grumpy pirate woman an apologetic look.

"Do you not have a hangover?" Ikkaku rubbed her temple as she sat slightly up to look down at the sitting Yuria.

"What's a hangover?" There was a moment of silence as the two stared at one another. Ikkaku was the one to break it first as she flopped back down in her hammock. The hammock violently swayed from her action.