Episode 17 - Pacrose Isle

Idol - YOASOBI (Heart Pirates vers.)

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Opening 3

»»»---------------------------------»»»

It was common for pirates to have issues with other pirates or the Navy when they were on the seas and since the Heart Pirates' ship was a submarine they could have easily avoided issues like those. They could remain submerged from island to island with no problem, but, as long as there wasn't severe weather, the ship would surface for at least an hour a day so that the crew could get some mandatory sun. 

This was no doubt Law's order as not only was he the only one who could make that call but, he was also the ship's doctor and it didn't go unnoticed by Yuria the captain's care for his crew. He wasn't the most expressive guy, with his most emotional expression being his infuriating simper, but his actions really did speak louder than words.

It was an intriguing dichotomy that was...cute? That word didn't seem right to use to describe him, but in that situation, it was the only word that seemed to fit.

Swinging slightly in the hammock, Yuria felt herself doze off as the sunbeams warmed her skin. It wasn't the first time seeing the sunbeam through a window as the submarine broke the surface, but it was definitely a welcome experience to watch it happen from her hammock.

However, going off what he said earlier to Ikkaku, it also signified that they were probably about to dock at an island. She was right when Bepo's soft voice announced that the submarine was approaching the island. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't aware that there was an intercom system and fell out of the hammock landing on her head. 

Damn, that hasn't happened in a while...

Yuria sat up on the floor and rubbed her head feeling the bump that was starting to form there. She also quickly checked herself over to make sure there weren't any blood spots. She sighed in relief when there wasn't and fixed her clothes. She did not want to explain to Law how it happened if there was.  

The metal door to the room opened.

"Are you ready, Yuria-san? Also, are you okay? Why are you on the floor?"

"Didn't know Bepo's voice could be so scary." Yuria joked eliciting a chuckle from Ikkaku who finally understood what had just transpired. She got up from the floor and rubbed her head lightly one last time before she strode over to the dresser and pulled out her beri pouch. She threw it up a little in the air listening to the satisfying jingle of coins within. "Also, no need to add honorifics to my name, Ikkaku-san."

"Only if you don't use any for mine." 

"Deal." The two women smiled at one another as they sensed that they would get along just fine. 

Yuria fanned herself as she watched the locals of Pacrose Isle go about her day. In Ikkaku's hands was a long list that nearly reached the ground. It was an accumulation of over a month's worth of supplies requested by different members of the Heart Pirates. It would have been comical if not for the fact that they were the ones who had to do the shopping. Seems like Law was putting her to work immediately after making sure she could move...he was indeed a very attentive captain.

"...and finally, a new toolset for Penguin? Why does he need a new set when he's borrowing mine..?" As soon as those words escaped Ikkaku she understood why he might need a new one. Yuria chuckled as Ikkaku huffed angrily and crossed out the item on the list before throwing the pencil into the small bag she carried with her.