Episode 11 - Kase

Hated by Life Itself. - Mafumafu Cover

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Opening 2

»»»---------------------------------»»»

Yuria felt like she was drowning all over again like when Zac's fishing boat had capsized and she had been pulled under the waves. She was freezing, stiff and unable to control her limbs. Her body felt strange like she was there, but there was an odd sensation of disconnect. Numb. Foreign. 

Despite being unable to move or feel anything other than the icy cold, she was still capable of her other senses. It was dark around her. She could hear someone crying. She could smell the coppery stench of blood.

Who is that?

What is happening?

She had honestly assumed it was one of her usual nightmares again, but by now she would have already woken up. She never slept long or deep because as soon as her mind was allowed to dream she would be woken up in a cold sweat. She would either try to fall back asleep to repeat it all over again or give up to slide out of bed. She would tiptoe out of the women's quarters to begin her morning training in order to distract her mind. She reveled in the evenings where she had a little too much to drink and was able to have a peaceful, dreamless sleep. 

The crying continued and as she focused on it she realized whoever was crying was actually speaking.

"Okaa-sama...can I go play now?" Yuria felt a primal fear alongside the iciness. This was clearly a nightmare, so why hadn't she woken up already? Then, a thought hit her like a cannonball to the gut. Was she even asleep...?

What was the last thing she was doing? The memories of Nami and Robin with daggers to their throats, being kicked by Khag, and then held down to be shackled swarmed her mind. Yuria tried opening her mouth to scream, but her mouth didn't move. She could only listen to a child crying out to their mother...could only listen to herself call out to her dear "Okaa-sama." That woman was not her mother, but a demonic deity in human form. Her mother was a woman with a warm honey brown hair with an equally warm smile. 

The scene abruptly changed and she was able to see now, but in exchange for her sight she couldn't hear. When she was able to orient herself, she would rather have been in that dark room listening to her past child self sob. She was still unable to move, so she was forced to watch the scene in front of her. 

A man with a blurred face was on a stage with crowds of people staring up at him solemnly. There was no one she could recognize or really make out, but she could see some of them had tears in their eyes with unnatural and forced smiles on their faces.

Her perspective was low being the perfect height of a child. She watched helplessly as 'her' body moved forward towards the chained man. Her head turned slightly and she could see she was being led by an adult. They were tugging her along by a chain attached to a small metal bracelet around her wrist. She couldn't see who it was as from the chest up as their features were blurred.

There was a moment of inactivity as she assumed someone was addressing the crowd before the body she was spectating began moving. She wasn't allowed to turn away as purple hair turned to ink and began reaching out towards the man. She was just a spectator as she watched the purple hair rip the man apart splattering some of the crowd and the stage. When the deed was finished, the hair began moving once again to draw the Hanbel Kingdom's crest with the man's pooling blood. Although she couldn't hear the silence was just as deafening as Yuria watched the crowd slowly begin clapping. Whenever her eyes met theirs she could see their visible fear before avoiding her gaze.