Episode 12 - Yellow

YELLOW - Yoh Kamiyama

Hey! Artists Can Be Strong, Too! - Chapter Opening 1

»»»---------------------------------»»»

Yuria's past identity was met with various mixed reactions: shock, awe, and whatever Sanji's was. 

"So, you're a princess, Yuria-chwan~!? It all makes sense!" Sanji held her hands lightly before bending down to kiss one of them. Yuria gave the man an uncomfortable smile as she glanced over at Nami for help. Thankfully, she got the hint and Nami helped distract him away by asking for a refill of tea. Yuria sighed in relief. 

"No, I don't think the Queen considers me a princess." As expected, the Straw Hats were confused since logically that's usually how it worked. 

"Just someone who carries their blood to be used for political marriage and...an executioner?" Yuria tentatively corrected as she went to pick up the teacup, but the handle proceeded to break off from where it had cracked earlier. An awkward silence filled the room as they either didn't know how to ask her to elaborate on that or were apart of the crew that witnessed the destruction within the castle. The queasiness in her stomach from earlier returned in full force.  

"I think it's time you addressed your role as an 'executioner' as you seemed to do a great job at it at the castle." Zoro finally spoke up from his spot along the wall. Yuria visibly flinched at his words.

"Could you have asked about it in a nicer way, Zoro?!" Nami defensively said as she watched Yuria begin nervously picking at her bandages again. Yuria was glad that Luffy was the captain since she at least didn't have to worry about being kicked off the ship at this moment to add to her stress. She was also grateful for Nami's support as it eased her nerves by a tad. 

"Well, none of you were going to ask about it." 

"It really wouldn't hurt you to be a little nicer with your words there, sword-guy." Yuria finally uttered in a lighthearted manner attempting to ease the tension despite her fidgeting still. She flashed them a weak smile. "Is it alright I ask something first?" 

When no one responded but looked on curiously, Yuria took this as their agreement.

"Just...how bad was it?" Except for the ones who were there, the others were understandably very lost, but they could tell by the silent meeting of gazes by Robin, Nami, Sanji, and Zoro that they were about to find out what Yuria meant. 

"I was the only one to see...everything since I went alone to the throne room." Sanji was the one to finally speak. He bit down on his cigarette. "There was no one left alive in there besides Nami-san and Robin-chan who had their eyes closed." 

When he finished talking, Yuria looked down at the table clenching her fists. She had expected just as much, but hearing it from another person just felt different. She also couldn't help but notice that Sanji's face had paled a little when he recalled what he discovered. 

The others who hadn't been there to see the carnage were taken aback. She had been apart of their crew for awhile now and by now, they realized Yuria's refusal to severely hurt her opponents. They have seen the intensity of her training and they knew that she had definitely had the capabilities to, but she would go out of her way to hold back. At most she would knock her enemies unconscious or if they had a weapon destroy it wholly and completely. She would even endanger herself to avoid hurting someone fatally. They couldn't connect the cheerful, artistic, and, most important aspect of all, kind crewmate of theirs with that of someone capable of killing another.