08

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺THE NIGHTMARES≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

⋆✩⋆

TRIGGER WARNING : talks of kidnapping.

⋆✩⋆

ASHLYNN HUFFED as Steve shouted her from downstairs, telling her someone was asking for her at the door. She regretfully put her bookmark in her book and placed it neatly on her bedside table before she got up. She slipped her white slippers on, red strawberries decorating them, before walking out of her room.

Her fingers pulled the oversized dark grey sweater down, it being so long that her shorts just barely peaked out from under it. She had been chilling all day, having tended to her grandmas plants and reading her book. Ashlynn was definitely not in the mood for social interaction today.

Contradictory to her not wanting to speak to anyone, her eyes lightened up at the red haired girl stood at the front door infront of her brother. Steve left the door ajar as he noticed his sister, telling her to not forget to lock the door and that Max could come in if she wanted before going back to whatever he was doing.

"Max, hey." Ashlynn smiled, not noticing the quick flicker of Max's eyes looking up and down over her outfit.

"Hi, sorry, I know its random." Max smiled, her hands playing with a strand of her hair. Ashlynn shook her head, stepping sideways to let her in. Her sweater formed a sweater paw over her hand again as she shivered slightly at the cold coming in, goosebumps building on her legs.

"Come in, Red, its too cold." Ashlynn told her, Max stepping in the girls house for the second time. Ashlynn quickly locked the door behind her before leading Max up the stairs.

Max admired Ashlynn slightly as the pair entered Ashlynns room, noticing how beautiful she looked in comfy clothes and a messy bun. She'd only ever seen Ashlynn in her usual perfect presentation, living up to the Harrington reputation. This was a nice change.

"What brings you here, Red?" Ashlynn smiled, covering her legs with her blanket again. A candle was lit on her windowsill, making the room comfortable.

"My brother was stressing me out, I just wanted to get out." Max muttered, Ashlynn patting the bed next to her to tell her to sit down. Max took her jacket off, putting it on the end of the bed in an attempt to keep Ashlynns room neat how she likes it. If it were her own room, she wouldve dropped it to the floor and left it there. She slipped her trainers off and sat beside Ashlynn on the bed.