04

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺THE NIGHTMARES≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

⋆✩⋆

Do i like girls?

Ashlynn pondered on the thought, wandering slowly along the streets beside Will and Mike. The feeling Max's compliment gave her this morning still lingered in her mind and she had been thinking about it all day. The warm, safe feeling that was starting to build up whenever she hugged Max. Was it normal? Ashlynn lay a couple steps behind the pair, though, mulling the confusing thought over. Was she into girls? Her pace of breathing began to speed up unknowingly, her thoughts overcrowding her mind, tumbling over each other.

What would my brother say?

The annoyed tone of Mike, who stood one place over from her beside Will, began to disperse. The excited fumbling of the three in front of her faded to a quiet whisper, before all she could hear was the voice in her head.

You're a disgrace

The voice spat irritably, sounding as though it was talking to a criminal. Ashlynn shook her head softly, her blonde hair brushing her makeup covered cheeks as she muttered an inaudible 'no'. The blonde stared down at her feet, gently chewing the side of her cheek in an anxious halt.

She probably hates you anyway.

Ashlynn's head snapped up, her line of vision matching up to the redheads hair. She smiled gently, the dark cloud of thought which had formed around her slightly evacuating her personal space. But, she soon remembered why her green eyes stared at the redheads curly hair. Because, no doubt, Max was just using the frail glass-like girl as a free ticket into middle school without seeming like a loner.

Before Ashlynn knew it, the group had made their way to another house. Dustin's loud pounding against the polished white door snapped Ashlynn out of her minor panic attack. The minor panic attack which went unnoticed by the other five. Ashlynn brushed off the small pang of sadness when she thought of it like that, painting a fresh grin on her face as she thanked the middle aged woman stood behind the doorframe.

"Another full-size. Like, seriously rich people are such suckers." Dustin laughed, shoving the full-size candy bar he just attained into his pillow case, "No offense, Ashlynn."

"Wait, you're not rich right?" He asked Max. Max chuckled, shaking her head. Though, Ashlynn was one of the rich few in the neighbourhood she didnt really mind the discreet dig at her family and her neighbourhood.