02

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺THE NIGHTMARES≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

⋆✩⋆

ASHLYNN TURNED, facing the front of the classroom again like every other student, who's head's snapped up from their fiddling to stare down the girl that had just walked in.

Ashlynn almost choked on her bubble gum, which she had just placed on her tongue, when her eyes met the red headed girl at the front. The girl looked confident but that didn't last when her ocean-like eyes skimmed the classroom, noticing everyone's judgemental eyes on her.

Ashlynn didn't judge the girl, more so she sent a small, encouraging smile her way.

Ashlynn looked down to her notebook quickly, far too quick to notice the gentle smile the freckled girl had returned as she began to walk past the front row toward the only empty seat, beside Ashlynn.

Mr Clarke tutted, "Ah, ah. Alright, hold up, you don't get away that quickly."

Ashlynn peered back up from her rapid note writing toward the front of the classroom. She couldn't function right nowhere near . She'd never met the girl before, yet she saw her in...her head? Ashlynn shook her head, pushing her thoughts back into her head.

"Come on up, don't be shy." Ashlynn smiled in amusement at the sight before her. She watched as the red headed girl rolled her eyes, stepping back to stand beside the teachers desk.

"Dustin, drumroll." Dustin, one boy she'd acquainted through Lucas, closed his textbook and began patting his knuckles against it in a rhythmic pattern.

"Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine!" Ashlynns bottom lip stuck out slightly as she hummed, Maxine? Pretty name.

"It's Max." Max corrected, an annoyed look on her face.

"Sorry, what?" Mr Clarke questioned. He must be deaf, Ashlynn thought, I can hear her from the back of the classroom.

"No one calls me Maxine, it's Max." Max spoke matter-of-factly.

"Well, all aboard, Max." Max smiled sarcastically before rushing to the back, sitting beside Ashlynn. As the redhead slouched down in her seat she politely smiled discreetly, nearly unnoticeable to the blonde girl as she popped a pink bubble from her bubble gum.

Ashlynn's eyes crossed, her eyebrows scrunched as the pink bubblegum stuck to her nose. Her cheeks burned from embarrassment when she heard a soft chuckle from beside her, making her pull it from her nose quickly, face palming into her sweater paw in embarrassent.