06

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺THE NIGHTMARES≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

⋆✩⋆

ASHLYNN WOKE UP dramatically, huffing and sweating. She clutched her fists beside her, collecting what felt like a sheet as she caught her breath.

Slowly, Ashlynn opened her eyes. At first, she winced at the sudden brightness of the room. But then she realised she was in her own room, in her own bed, safe.

She turned her head to look around, feeling someone watching her. Her eyes landed on Steve, whos eyes were slightly red and face relieved.

"Oh thank fuck, I thought you died." Steve engulfed the younger girl in a hug.

Ashlynn just tried catching her breath, looking around. Her room was the same as how she left it, her legs underneath her comforter and her loving brother sat next to her. She was safe.

But she didnt exactly feel like she was safe, or warm underneath the comforter. She felt cold, like she'd been stripped of all happiness, yet Ashlynn couldnt pinpoint what had happened.

"What.." Ashlynn whispered, "What happened?"

"Joyce phoned me, you passed out at school." Steve informed.

Ashlynn nodded slowly, she was still dazed from just waking up. She looked around carefully, and then it came rushing back. Ashlynns breath got caught in her throat as her mind plunged her into a seep of dark memories.

"Do you wanna, uhm, talk about what happened?" Steve asked, scratching his neck awkwardly, "Why did you pass out."

"I, uhm." Ashlynn thought about it for a second. At first it seemed blank.

Cold. Everything was cold. Ashlynn felt as though she'd been plunged into a life of hell. Grey particles floated around her, familiar grey particles. But, behind her, it was blue. Swirling blue tentacle like things surrounded something, and then she saw him. Will.

Ashlynn wanted to help, but she felt frozen, almost as though she was being forced to watch. Will reached out to her, eyes full of fear as he trembled underneath the creatures grasp, but Ashlynn didnt move. Instead as tears brimmed her eyes and her limit was reached, she screamed. She screamed until she couldnt anymore, and the tentacles were out of view. Will had been freed from its grasp, and Ashlynn grew quiet again.

She felt her eyes closing, her legs weakening as she tried to reach for Will as he did her. When Will noticed, he ran to comfort her but before he could get there, Ashlynns world grew dark and his bright.

Tears brimmed at her eyes, remembering the discomfort and fear she felt herself and saw in Will. The helplessness she felt when she knew she didnt know how to help her friend. Ashlynn looked at her brother and didnt say a word, she just rolled over and closed her eyes tightly. She stayed there, her body stiff and slightly shaky until she heard him sigh, then footsteps and finally her door click closed.