07

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺THE NIGHTMARES≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

⋆✩⋆

ASHLYNN HARRINGTON WAS only a half sister to Steve. They both had the same mother, yet their fathers were different.

The eventful week of last year took place at almost the exact same time as Wills disappearance. Hawkins had never had this much to worry about at once, two disappearances. Although Wills was supernatural, and a lot harder to figure out, Ashlynns was not.

"Earth to Lynny?" Lucas waved his hands infront of the girls face. Ashlynn jumped back to life almost instantly.

"Sorry." Ashlynn laughed, looking around at the crowd of students parading out of school, "Daydreaming."

"Its okay." Lucas smiled, falling back into step beside Ashlynn. It was recess now, so the pair of them walked toward Dustin, Mike and Max who sat on the stairs infront of one of the school buildings.

"Can i walk you home after school?" Lucas asked after a few more steps. They walked in silence for another few steps before Ashlynn hummed.

"Sure, if you wanna break the news to Steve." Ashlynn laughed. Lucas' eyes brightened.

"Really?" Lucas grinned, recieving another small chuckle and a nod from the girl beside him.

"Im trying to be more social." Ashlynn shrugged.

Lucas stopped in his tracks, making Ashlynn pause too. The pair turned to each other and before Ashlynn could ask why he stopped, Lucas wrapped his arms around her waist. Ashlynn stood for a second, pondering what to do, before wrapping her own arms around Lucas' shoulders.

"Im proud of you Lynny."

From where the pair stood Dustin, Max and Mike could see them clearly. Dustin and Mike highfived, celebrating Lucas' confidence. Max, sat with her head in her hands looking at the pair with sadness slowly taking over her features. She envied Lucas and how comfortable Ashlynn was with him, she wanted to be as close a friend to Ashlynn as Lucas was.

"Thank you." Ashlynn whispered, pulling away from the hug with a smile.

The pair then proceeded to walk in comfortable silence toward the group on the stairs, Lucas with a bright smile. Mike greeted Lucas with a excited highfive. Ashlynn sat beside Max, who gave her a small sad smile.

"You okay?" Ashlynn asked, watching as the redhead fidgeted with her skateboard. All she recieved was a nod and a hum.

Ashlynn didnt bother to question her friend, too nervous she might recieve an angry response and she just didnt have the energy. Footsteps pattered against the stairs beside her as Mike walked toward the telephone box on the wall a few feet away from the steps where the group stood.