03

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺THE NIGHTMARES≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

⋆✩⋆

ASHLYNN'S HEAD PULSED. She gulped slightly, everything flushing back through the immense headache she had. The lab, Doctor Owens, the new man, the machine and her passing out again. The blonde didnt have a clue what he did to her, but she could feel the pain in her wrist increasing.

"Ashlynn?" Ashlynn opened her eyes and sat up, wincing at the burning pain in both her head and her wrist. The green eyed girl looked down quickly, her eyes brimming with tears at the sight.

A number decorated her wrist in dark black ink, 013. She inhaled shakily, panic settling in.

A wrist slotted it's way beside Ashlynn's own, a pale wrist with 011 printed on it. Ashlynn looked up, wiping her blurry eyes, to see her old friend infront of her.

Eleven was crouched in front of her, a smile on her face. She looked like a boy, her curly hair grown out almost like Dustin's.

"El?" A small tear brimmed Ashlynns water line as she reached out for the girl she hadnt seen in a year. Eleven just nodded with a smile.

"L-look at your hair" Ashlynn giggled softly, ruffling her old friends hair and wiping her eyes quickly, "Its beautiful."

"Your hair is beautiful too." El smiled innocently, giggling at the ticklish feeling on her scalp.

El stood up, holding her hand out, "Its five-one-five." El spelled out, nodding her head with each letter in concentration.

"Five fifteen?" Ashlynn wondered, El nodding happily as she pulled Ashlynn up by her hands. El held a finger up, saying she'd seen dad do it, before pulling a white sheet over her head. Ashlynn let out a giggle, El looked like a ghost, two holes cut into the white sheet. El had successfully distracted her from the worry surrounding her new tattoo.

"Ghost!" El spoke happily, holding her arms out to her sides. Ashlynn nodded, she felt happy with her old best friend by her side again.

Ashlynn had begun to slot the puzzle pieces together as she thought about it, the number on her wrist which matched Elevens perfectly. The easy, close bond with El and Ashlynn over the years. But why she had a tattoo was yet to be figured out by the blonde, wondering if it had to do with her dreams and daydreams.

El pulled Ashlynn out of the bedroom and out of her thoughts, which Ashlynn now figured out was Els bedroom, and into a living room where Jim Hopper stood at a stove, cooking. Ashlynn was shocked to say the least, wondering how worried her brother was that she hadnt been home.