I'm able to control myself.

It's barely time to wake up. I can't get back to sleep again, my eyes and my throat are so dry. I get off the bed in the middle of the night. If I don't drink something right now, I could pass out any second. I pick up a glass and a little bag of sugar those used on cafes. I mix it and drink it like it was the best drink I ever had.

After a bit I accept I won't be able to sleep again that night. Which is sad because that sleep. Was the best one I ever had in so many years. I sit on the... Couch? I don't know if I even can call this a couch though. It's just a larger old armchair. I turn on the TV and watch some shows. I get bored of that too. Without knowing what to do since it's still too much left till' 8'o clock.

I put on a jacket to take a walk. But when I put the black coat jacket on, I feel something in the pocket. A lighter? The lighter Bryce (Coworker) Gave me in that dream. Wait. It was really a dream? I'm confused. It has a couple of cigarettes with it.

Bryce always says that a cig always helps to pass out the time and move stress away. I never tried because I been always afraid too. But I think I won't get addicted. It's impossible I know how to control myself.

I take a cigarette out of my pocket. I go to the hall outside my apartment and put the cigarette on my mouth. I move closer the lighter and try a couple of times to turn on the lighter. The flame appears glowing. I feel the smoke for the first time entering my lungs.

Gross.

I know I wouldn't like it.

I take one more sip to have sure. And another. And another.

When I look through my clock, I realize that it's almost time it was supposed to wake up. I take the cigarette on the ground and smash it. I come back inside my apartment. Take a shower and prepare myself to work. I put the lighter on my work folder.

Even though I have time I rush to the work building to see if Bryce was there. Wait. That thing from yesterday. It really happened. It was a dream. It must be. Bryce would never do what he did in that supposed dream.

I reach the work building. I park my car in the parking lot and enter the building. I go to the elevator and click the button to top floor. I search for Bryce because he always is here before me. But this time isn't which it's strange.

It's time to work so I go to my cubicle and start working. In the break I don't see Bryce too. In short. I didn't see Bryce all day until...

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS WAY SMALLER AND YOU GUYS DESERVE MORE. BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SOMETHING YOU WON'T REGRET WAITING I PROMISE. AND IT WILL BE WAY MORE LONGER.