Mature

Soul is finally a Death Scythe. We did it. It's been years since Kidd took over his fathers place and began to rule Death City with Liz and Patty at his side. Yes, maybe we aren't so old but with all the things we've been through we've learned so much. We may even be as wise as the those before us were when they taught us, maybe even wiser. Soul has matured a lot since we were kids. He stopped calling me 'tiny tits' and 'a flatchested bookworm'. He does call me bookworm sometimes but only in childish arguments. He also stopped with the 'cool guy' crap. Although, he can be a jerk sometimes but he really does care. He had his group of fangirls and I had my group of stalkers/admirers. Don't get me wrong, I liked the fact people looked up to me. I felt like I could do some good. It just got a bit overwhelming at times. I never did learn how Soul dealt with it so easily though.
€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£₩¥€£

It was a Saturday night in mid December and Soul and I had recently moved into a new house. We were finally out of that small apartment.

The house had two bathrooms, two bedrooms, upstairs and downstairs with an attic. A living room, den, and a pretty large kitchen. The garage was large enough to fit my car and Soul's motorcyle. It was basically the perfect house for us. We were sitting by the fireplace curled up on the couch with hot chocolate and blankets, talking about everything that had happened in our lives, from BlackStar and his godly complex (which had died down a lot since we were younger) to Kidd becoming the new Lord Death.

"Oh God remember when I was with all that 'cool guy' stuff? Man, I was serious about that back then.
I'm glad I was able to snap out of that." Soul laughed.

"Oh my god yes! I swear it was so annoying! And you were so arrogant. You sounded almost like BlackStar sometimes." I agreed.

"Oh wow really? BlackStar?!" Soul exclaimed honestly surprised.

"Yeah BlackStar. Hey what happened though? I'm not complaining but why the change of mind?" I asked

"Well I don't think there was only one thing but like, over time I realized that being cool isn't supposed to have standards you know?" Soul started of as I nodded knowingly
"Yeah well basically that and I saw that all the 'cool people' portrayed in movies are jerks, almost all the time. Now that I'm a Death Scythe I don't want to give people, especially training weapons, the wrong idea of what they should be like. They should be themselves not a mold of something else."

I wasn't so surprised at Soul's response but I was happy with it.

"So what do you think is cool now? I mean...what is your definition of cool?" I slowly raised my hot chocolate to my lips and took a sip. My eyes never breaking their hold on Soul's gaze.

"As long as the people who you care about like you, you're good." Soul stated blankly.

"I think you're cool, Soul." I stated. "Not as cool as my Meister." He said with a nudge in my direction and a smirk. I looked at the time and it was 3:46 a.m.
"Let's watch a movie!" I suggested not feeling sleepy then.
"Sure, you up for Coraline?"
"Hell yeah! You know Tim Burton is my idol."
About fourth minuets into the movie my eyelids became droopy and I dozed off.

**time skip to 5:24 p.m.**

Soul and I woke up on the couch, sore.

"You know Soul? I'm glad you stopped teasing me. I think it was about time." I playfully commented, thinking back to our previous conversation.

"I did it because it's douche to tease the gi-....to tease people," Soul's face became a  bright shade of red and I knew he was hiding something.

"Soul what were you gonna say?"

"Nothing"

"Soul"

"Nothing Maka"

"Soul!"

"Maka I'm being serious, nothing. I wasn't going to say anything!"

"Soul you're a horrible liar. Just tell me. We've been partners for years!! And you can't tell me this one thing really?"

"God damnit fine! But don't blame me for anything that happens afterward OK?! Ugghh...I was gonna say that...that it's not cool to tease the girl you love, Maka. You happy now?"
I just sat there...how the hell was I supposed to respond to that? Was he even being serious?!

"Look, it's pretty douche to lie like that c'mon be honest." I was sort of pissed. How could he just say stuff like that?

"I was being honest, Maka..."
At this point Soul was avoiding eye contact and looked a bit defeated.

I did the only thing I could think of and just reach to hold him.

"Well, you know you could of said something sooner."

He pulled me closer placing me on his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist. On instinct I wrapped my arms around his neck and as he spoke his breath tickled my neck.
"Yeah I know but...hey telling someone that you've known for so long that you love them isn't easy...you don't understand......"

"Yeah I do....because I've been in love with my partner and best friend since we were kids..." Soul moved and looked up to meet my gaze. His crimson eyes piercing my emerald ones...they looked almost sad...my heart began to pound and I felt a pit in my stomach.

"Soul what's wrong?"

"Maka..." He looked down, sighed then looked up and gave me that smirk that means he was going to do something stupid.

"I love you tiny tits."

"MAAAAKKKAAA..."

"Oh shit!"

"CHOP!!"

"Soul you need to hurry up and mature."