What You Make Me Do

Maka and Soul had been sitting at home doing nothing for the past few hours yet they were perfectly comfortable.

Soul had come home from practice and Maka had come home from a sleepover at Tsubaki's so they were both pretty tired.

They sat there in peace and then Soul yawned.

"God I'm gonna go to bed sorry Maka I know it's my turn to Cook but could you make yourself something? I mean you could also order pizza or something." Soul said in between yawns.

Maka on the other hand could barley keep her eyes open. They had spent all night last night just talking and playing whatever games...or doing whatever girls do when they stay over at other people's houses.
She basically had spent the past 24 hours awake and for Maka Albarn it was the longest she has ever stayed up with out adrenaline.

"Hell no I'm out. I don't even think I'm going to shower I'll just do it when I wake up." Maka replied

"Who are you and what the hell did you do to Maka?" Soul said in a honestly curious tone.

"What the hell are you talking about, Soul?" Maka was confused and her brain has half off. She didn't have the energy to think.

"Ms. Albarn the woman that has to be classy and is never anything less decided to skip a bath?!? Wow the apocalyps HAS to be among us. I mean really why do you need to shower every day? I honestly like my showers but I don't need one every day...I can skip like maybe two days and I'm fine." Soul smirks as he raised his arms and interlocked his fingers behind his head.

Maka scoffed and then looked at Soul as she replied "Yeah that's what you think. You get used to the stink and you can't smell it. Now if you're gonna have your arms up like that do it in your room maybe you'll fumigate all the cockroachs. Oh that reminds me tomorrow we're cleaning up the house. Today just try and get some sleep."

They both chuckled a little and then headed off in different directions.

******//////*******///*****//*

The next morning Soul woke up to the sound of the shower running. He smiled to himself.

'As expected...man Maka you had to take a shower...If I do maybe Maka will be happier' Soul though then sniffed his shirt.
'I should take a shower too.' Soul stood up from his bed and walked over to his drawers. He got his clothes and towel. As he walked out his room he crashed into Maka who had her face cover by her towel.

"Oh sorry Soul. I didn't see you there." She apologized.

"Nah it's fine I'm just gonna head into the shower don't worry about it." Soul replied and headed to the bathroom. He locked the door behind him and placed his iPod on the speaker connection. He cracked up the volume only two bars from full and began to undress.

Maka one the other side was pissed that Soul 'had to have' his music to shower but was glad he was showering. She was surprised normally she would have to nag and nag and nag and nag for him to shower but this time he did it himself.
'Wonder what's gotten into him...did I forget about something....do we have a special event?' Maka thought

As soon as both Soul and Maka were dressed and washed Maka yelled for Soul to go to the living room.

Soul had to clear way in his room to get to the door. Once he was out he walked down the hall only to be greeted by a smiling Maka with a bucket of cleaning supplies and a vacuum.

Soul simply sighed and walked over to where she was to take the cleaning supplies from her hands.

She smiled at him and gave him a hug to surprise and delight. He was shocked but returned the hug as soon as his brain registered what was going on.

******************************
This continued for about a month until one day as Soul, BlackStar, and Kidd were walking to the basketball courts and BlackStar spoke up.

"Yo Soul, what's been up with you lately? You've been different lately."

"Nothing really. I just realized that I have to get my stuff together since Maka is not always gonna be there." Soul responded

BlackStar just shrugged and Kidd responded with "Wow Soul. Not to be rude but I never anticipated that you would come to such a realization... One so smart."

******************************

When Soul got home he headed straight for a shower and then picked up around his room. Maka got home a little late that day and was surprised that dinner was cooked. When she walked into the kitchen Soul was putting down a plate of pasta.

"To make up for that day I didn't make dinner." Soul smiled.

Maka just smiled back and walked to Soul. Soul expected a hug but got a happy Maka just staring back.

"You ok Maka"

Maka just pulled Soul by his shirt and kissed him.

"You have no idea how long I wanted to do that. I'm sorry if this ruins things and its selfish of me to say but....I really like you and I've wanted to do that for so long." Maka looked down and let go of Soul.

Soul stared dumbfounded and simply said "Maka it ruins nothing do you have any idea how long I wanted to do that too. The things you make me do woman! I love you for death sake!" He pulled her close and they shared a kiss.