(AU)

Soul and Maka. Maka and Soul. No matter in what order you say their names the power of the duo was never minimized.
It's been three weeks since Lord Death opened the DWMAU and at the head of the Death Scythe/Mix-Blood program were, you guessed it, Soul and Maka.

Soul taught the new recruites how to work with their Mixed-Blood meisters and would hold group session exercises that would help strengthen the bond between partners.
Maka would give tips and help the Mixed-Blood students control their weapon sides and teach them skills on how to wield their partner efficiently and with power.

Then one day when all of their students were out for the day they decided to do some bonding exercises. They had been agitated lately and decided it would be best to clear this out.
**Le time skip**

"Holy Shit! That was incredible! Soul I don't know why we don't do this more often!" Maka gleamed with excitement and adrenalin.

Soul chuckled while wrapping his leather jacket around himself and handing Maka hers.
"Oh I don't know maybe because it's cold as hell out side and you'll get sick?" he responded with a smile.

"That's no excuse...thank you. But really we ride home on your motorcycle in the middle of winter and I'm fine. Bonding with you outside is childs play."

"What ever you say, dear." Soul said with the most sarcastic and british tone he could imitate.
Maka looked up and smiled at her partner.
"Of course it is! If not you wouldn't have a girlfriend."
Maka shot back with the same sarcastic and british tone Soul had.

They smiled and then looked ahead to see two of their students walking outside.
They glanced at each other and with a knowing nod began to follow them.
Rumors had been going around that they were a couple and Maka loved lightly stalking her classroom couples. She was always up for inspiration for her fanfiction account.

When they got closer to the door Soul realized it was snowing out.
His smile faded and he stopped Maka.
"You are so not going out there." Soul said placing his arm in front of Maka to prevent her from stepping foward.
She frowned and pushed his arm away
"And why not? Soul I need to see their cute moments! I haven't updated my fanfiction and the people need more! This could be my inspiration for the next chapter!"
"Find inspiration later we need to figure out how to get home. We can't ride the motorcycle. It's snowing and it's cold as hell. It's dangerous."
Maka was annoyed that her inspiration was walking away but she needed to think.
"We could always stay at the dorms. Talk to Lord Death I'm sure he can have something for us so we don't have to have such a long commute. I think he has dorms that aren't in use."

And so Soul and Maka made the trek to Lord Deaths office. Turns out that the University did have an extra room they could crash in. It was in the guys dormitory across the street from the main campus.

So our favorite duo made there way to the dorms. When they entered the lobby a rush of warm air crashed against their ice-like skin.
It felt as if there skin was melting back to normal temperature.

Soul was enjoying the sensation on the warm air when Maka started to repeatedly tap and tug on his shoulder and arm. He looked down to meet Maka's wide eyes. She starts jumping faintly and pointing to the other end of the lobby where the rumored weapon/meister couple were. They sat on a two person couch staring and smiling at their phones their phones.
"Soul! They're here! They're really here! What if she has to stay the night at the boys dorm because of the snow? What if they share a bed? What if the lights go out an-" before Maka could finish her rant Soul pointed to the door where one of the students was leaving and then he pointed to the stairs where the other was walking away.
Maka's face lost glow and her mouth formed a silent 'oh'.

Soul just smiled and gently closed her mouth.

**Le time skip again**

"That was the best shower ever." Maka said walking out with a towel wrapped around her head and christmas pajamas.
"You know Christmas isn't until like a month from now, right?" Soul asked with a small smirk
"Yes I know but they are comfy and warm so be quiet. Anyways I'm gonna sleep. What bed do you want? Left or right?" Maka asked
"I'm gonna shower then head to bed. Call the left one." Soul responded
"Got it!" Maka yelled as she jumped in her bed. She got comfy and covered herself in blankets but the room was still freezing for her.

When Soul came out he saw his meisters tiny frame under the blanket. He smiled but then noticed she was shivering. He smirked to himself as he got an idea.
Gently waking her up he asked
"Hey babe is it cool if I sleep over here with you? My bed is freezing."
Maka awoke and sleepily nodded a yes. She pulled up her covers and moved over to make room for her smiling partner. Soul gently settled her hand down and then went to his bed to grab the blankets form there. He placed them over Maka and then proceeded to crawl under the covers with her. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. Covering her frozen feet with his own and making sure she was bundled up with bankets.

The next morning Maka woke up as if there was a heater right next to her. And she knew why she just curled up next to Soul and fell back asleep enjoying the moment. Three hours later they were rushing out the door. They were two hours late for class.

When they arrived they were greeted by the knowing looks of there students. Although Maka did make a mental note of a pair that was absent.