Labels

Soul and Maka where eating dinner one night when Maka suddenly spoke up...

"Hey Soul? Am I really only a dork, to you?"

Soul was surprised at the question. To him it should have been an obvious answer. He would put her life before his anyday, he would be willing to climb the tallest mountain,or swim across the ocean just for Maka. How could she be asking that?

"What are you talking about Maka? Of course you're not. Trust me you're way more than a dork." Soul realized that by saying that he technicality called her dork and waited for a Maka Chop. Yet it never came.

"It's because these girls form school where calling me names after an argument and I know that they're just immature and I shouldn't listen, but I don't know they just said some stuff that really got me thinking. It's stupid, I know you don't have to tell me." Maka's eyes turned dark as she stared and the table. She then stood up and put her plate in the sink. Soul looked down and realized he had finished all is food so stood up and followed Maka.

"Look I know that it must suck, and all that girls are so rude and other words you'd Maka Chop me for using, but I'm not gonna tell you to forget about it. I'm curious what exactly did they say to you that made to even look at then twice? I mean you're the great Maka Albarn. You stopped a kishin, you have weapon and Meister blood, you turned me into a death scythe, and not mention you have come this far with only some cuts and bruises."

"Well I was walking back to Mr.Steins class after school yesturday to get the book that I had forgotten. Then a group of girls started murmmering as soon as I passed by and well I felt a little self conscious. Then one of them just randomly said that I don't deserve you. I mean the first thing that came to my head was 'He doesn't deserve me.' Hahaha you know in that super arrogant voice I do somtimes? But later i started to think about about it and they have a point I mean you did save my life like a gazillion times and all I've done is make you take the blows for me in fights." Maka looked at Soul with a sad and worried expression. All he could really do was laugh. He found it funny how even when she was being serious she had to just add something funny.

Maka on the other hand was confused as hell.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Oh nothing just at how you always have to be such a smartass."

Maka was a little ticked but she laughed anyways.

"Anyways" Maka continued "they started telling me things about you and how I should go and get another partner. They told me that you could have any partner you wanted and well I know that's true although the thing that got to me the most was when they said that at any moment you could...just...leave."

Soul's eyes turned soft and he felt sad

"Maka I don't know what I did or what could have happened to make you think that I would ever leave you. I'm sorry but I'm staying by your side no maker what. And yeah your a dork and a smartass bookworm. And I could be the coolest guy in the world. No matter what people call me or you...I'll be here. No matter what people think...I'm staying...haha even if you don't want me here. No matter what labels we get. " Soul grabbed Maka and gave her a huge embrace. Maka retuned the hug with teary eyes.

"Good because I don't ever want you to leave...ever" Maka laughed at how dumb she had been for listening to those girls but she was glad she had this short conversation with Soul.

"Soul...I...."Maka hesitated "I...umm...I....I...really....lov....like having you as a partner." She couldn't say what she really wanted to. Soul knew what she meant anyways and responded with

"I love you too Maka." Sealing his words with a long passion filled kiss.