The Protest (AU)

It was around 2 o'clock in the afternoon when Soul Eater Evans got out of his last afternoon class. He strolled out of his university campus and automatically began to look for the keys to his brand new Yamaha.

He was about two blocks from his favorite coffe place
(which was also his destination) when he heard a cop siren.
'Oh shit....what do they want I was going under 35.' he thought but the cops weren't going for him. They passes him and kept speeding in direction of the Death City Capital. A little after that three more cop cars turned the corner and spead of in the direction of the first one.

'What the hell is going on over there?' Soul thought to himself.

Before he had time to think it over he began driving in the direction of the cops.

As he got closer to the capital he could hear screaming and the sirens got louder. He stopped a block away from all the madness and saw that the four cop cars he had seen were nothing compared to all the police men already at the site. He got off the bike and walked closer. He noticed all the people getting arrested were women.

A woman ran by and dropped her sign near Soul.
He got closer and picked it up. It read:

'GIVE EVERY HUMAN BEING EVERY RIGHT YOU CLAIM FOR YOURSELF'

'It's another womens rights protest isn't it?' Soul was confused as to why the cops were being so forceful with all the women though. He had never seen this happen at least not this bad before.....he decided it be best to just walk away.

He got on his motor cycle and drove to the stop light next to the protest. As he wait he suddenly felt someone get on his bike. As fast as lightning he turned around to be face to face with green eyes.
"What are you waiting for? Drive! Move it please or I'm busted for sure!" The woman said

For some reason or another Soul hauled it towards his house. The streets were not in his favor though. The cops were every where so Soul decided to take a detour through the back streets. Avoiding cops was probably the best thing for the moment.

Soul finally arrived at his house when it dawned on him....he had just helped some random girl escape the cops.....what the hell.

"Holy hell. Thank you! I owe you my life" the girl said
"Umm....d-don't worry about it I guess...uh it's not a huge deal I'm guessing you were part of thw women's rights protest huh?" Soul stammered and didn't really know what to say.

"Yeah but I've busted by those misogynistic cops twice before. I've gotten bailed out but if I get caught again that's it I'm going to jail under 'disruption of piece'or some crap like that."
The girls voice was way calmer and even with her language she sounded angelic.
"Wow well I'm glad you are standing up for your right I admire you for that" Soul genuinely felt admiration for the girl.
"Thanks normally I don't get that" she laughed "Names Maka by the way. Again I owe you my life. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"
"Maka? That's a pretty rad name. I'm Soul." the next words that came out of his mouth were a surprise to him. Seems like he wasn't in control of his own body or mind today
"You can make it up to me with a date. How about that?"
Maka stared wide eyed an blushed
"Sure. Oh wait here," Maka began to search through small bag "it's my card it has my number on it. Call me."
Soul took the card. He smiled to himself and contemplated all his decisions of the day. He looked up to say something only to find that Maka was gone.