Chapter 1

Amber's POV:

I have finally arrived in Seoul to fulfill my dreams. It was a hard journey, from narrowly missing my flight to almost tripping and breaking my nose while disembarking from the plane, to forgetting my luggage and sprinting to retrieve it before it was stolen. Sighing, I acknowledged it was hectic, but I've arrived safely, and that's all that matters. Suddenly, I received a call and saw that it was my sweet mother.

"Hey, mom."

"Stop 'heying' me, and tell me if you've reached there safely or not."

"Of course, Mom. I'm getting into the taxi right now."

"Okay, so you're telling me that you didn't trip over while getting off the plane."

"No-o."

"And you didn't forget your luggage either?"

"Pff, of course not," I thought, wondering how she even knew that. My mom is always like that-she instantly knows what's going on with me without me telling her. But, I guess all the moms of the world are like that.

"Mom, stop worrying so much. I'm going to be fine. And you know, I'll be completing my degree and coming back home before you know it."

"How can I not worry when I know just how clumsy you are? It wasn't easy for us to send you all alone abroad to study. Your father is still upset about all this."

"I know, but I had to do what I had to. Don't worry, Pops is always like that. I know deep down he is somewhat happy."

"Hmm, you're right. Okay then, I'll be hanging up now. Call me once you've settled down."

"Okay."

"And one more thing, you've surely checked the apartment thoroughly, right? I mean, you're not going to end up with some shady strangers or, more probably, boys, right?"

"Hahaha, Mom, are you serious? Even the most dumb person knows not to give a room to a girl with boys, especially complete strangers."

"Yeah, yeah. But seeing how you are, I can't help but wonder about that impossible possibility."

"Don't worry, lady, I am going to be fine. I am not that dumb. I'll be hanging up now. Bye, love you."

"Love you too, honey."

My mom and her imagination. I know that I might have made some dumb decisions in the past, but that doesn't mean I will be making them now too. I am going to be an even better version of myself. I am going to have a new beginning. I looked outside the cab window with the setting sun behind the tall buildings of Seoul, feeling determined and happiness surging within me as I anticipated my new journey. Suddenly, I heard a loud honking sound and the driver saying, "Mam, we've arrived. I've been calling for you and honking for a while now, but you seem to be lost."

"Oh, sorry," I fumbled for the door handle and then almost tripped while getting down. I saw the driver shaking his head; this seemed to happen to him almost daily. I got down, the driver helped me with my luggage, I thanked him, and turned towards the apartment building.

"Okay, so here I come... Oh no, ow." Looks like I finally fell. Good thing there's no one around.

A/n: hii everyone, This is my first ever fanfiction so please try to bear with any mistakes and your feedbacks will be really appreciated. This is a short chapter but I'll try to post a little long ones soon. Thank you to those who choose to read this.

And please vote and comment so that my story can grow