Chapter 9

Narrator's pov:

"you tricked me," said Yoonji, fuming red with anger.

All of them were sitting in Taehyung’s car with Jungkook in the driver’s seat and Yoonji in the front passenger seat. Amber, Jimin, and Taehyung were sitting in the back, with Amber between both of them. Initially, Jimin was going to sit between them, but Taehyung declared it to be Amber to avoid the constant glares thrown at him by Jimin.

"Hey, it's not my fault that Hoseok hyung had last-minute plans. I really did invite him," Taehyung defended himself.

"Kim Taehyung, the trip better be good, not like the last time," Jimin said, glaring at him for the hundredth time already.

He saw Yoonji glaring too and cracking her fingers from the front.

"Oh, come on! Will you two stop that? I’m telling you, this time it will all be really fine," Taehyung said, being defensive.

"Guys, you should really stop this. How bad could it be? No one makes the same mistake again and again. It's been such a long time since I’ve gone on a trip with my friends. I’m really excited, aren’t you?" Amber asked, addressing both of them. Taehyung put his hand on his heart in a dramatic manner, as if to show how touched he is by Amber's defending.

"Even the peasant agrees."

"Stop defending him! It’s him we’re talking about," Jimin said.

"Yes, he never learns," Yoonji backed him.

"Remember in high school, we ended up hiking for miles in the wrong direction because he was convinced he had a ‘shortcut’?" Jimin said.

"And let’s not forget the time he booked us into that sketchy motel. The way we got scolded by our parents! Oh, I still can’t forget it!" Yoonji shivered, remembering that time.

"In the end, all was fun though!" Taehyung tried to defend himself again but failed.

"Fun? Yeah, for you because we were too busy surviving your ‘adventures’," Jimin said.

Amber was too stunned and baffled to say anything. Now, she was regretting her decision to come on this trip with Taehyung being the planner. There was a pause, and Amber suddenly asked Taehyung.

"Wait, we are going camping or to the house that you mentioned earlier? Why are you dressed up in a beach outfit?" she asked him, curious.

"Because I wanted to go to the beach, duh!" he replied, as if it were the most obvious thing.

"Then why... just forget it."

"Umm, guys, which turn are we supposed to take again?" Jungkook spoke, diverting their attention towards him.

"That one," Taehyung pointed towards a narrow, overgrown path leading off to the side, barely visible among the dense foliage.