Chapter 19

Narrator's POV:

The Kim residence was enveloped in peace and moonlight at night, its residents all sleeping peacefully in their rooms. However, one person was trapped in his nightmares from which he couldn't seem to escape. Moonlight faintly entered Taehyung's room through the half-drawn curtains. He tossed and turned in his comfortable king-sized bed, feeling nothing but pain, seeing nothing but blood, and hearing only screams. He tried to open his eyes and break free from the nightmare, but he couldn't. Finally, he jerked awake, sweat glistening on his forehead and his breathing ragged. Checking the clock, it showed 1:18 a.m. Taehyung got up, drank some water, and descended the grand staircase barefooted, heading downstairs to the hall.

He stood outside his parents' ornamented bedroom door, contemplating whether to knock. Many thoughts ran through his head-were they back from the party, or running late again? Should he disturb them if they're sleeping? He needed to see them with his own eyes to be sure they were fine. Just then, he felt a tap on his shoulder, startling him. He turned to see the head butler.

"Young Master, do you need something?" the butler asked politely.

"Uh, no, it's-are they back?" Taehyung stammered.

"No, Young Master, they called to say they will be a bit late. Is something wrong?"

"No, I just needed to see them," Taehyung said, his eyes fixed on his parents' bedroom door.

"Is it another nightmare, perhaps? Should I call Master Seokjin?" the butler asked, concerned.

"No! No need to call him," Taehyung replied hastily.

"Very well, then. I'll inform you once your parents arrive."

"No need for that either. I'll just wait for them a bit. You can go and rest, Mr. Shin," Taehyung said.

The butler nodded and retired to his chambers. Taehyung stepped into the big hallway and settled on one of the sofas. Moonlight flickered through the floor-to-ceiling windows, casting a dim glow. Taehyung lay on the sofa, staring at the huge crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and soon fell into a deep slumber.

Taehyung's POV:

"Taehyung! Taehyung!" someone called my name while shaking me. I drowsily opened my eyes to see my hyung standing beside me, looking down with concern. Why was Hyung in my room? Wait-I looked around and realized I was on the sofa in the hall. I abruptly sat up, startling Hyung.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's almost 5:30. Why were you sleeping here?" Hyung inquired.

"Are Mom and Dad back?" I ignored his question.

"Of course they are. Now, tell me why you were sleeping here?" Hyung said sternly yet softly.

"I-I was just..." I trailed off as Hyung sighed and sat beside me.

"Another nightmare, I see," Hyung remarked. I simply nodded, lips pursed. He continued, "How many times do I need to tell you? If you have a nightmare, come to me instead of waiting for them. Taehyung-ah, nothing will happen to them. Stop worrying, okay? Okay?" He asked, like an elder cautioning a child not to eat chocolates before bed. I nodded and gave him a soft smile, which he returned while ruffling my hair.

"Get some more sleep. It must have been uncomfortable sleeping on the sofa," Hyung said, about to leave when I grabbed his wrist.

"You and Mom and Dad will come to the fest, right?" I asked.

"I don't know about them, but I'll surely come," Hyung replied.

"Okay," my face fell a little, which Hyung noticed.