Chapter 14

Amber's POV:

The person I so rudely addressed in my rage was none other than Jungkook's father, aka the mafia boss himself. Never in my life did I think that I would encounter mafias. He was a tall man with handsome features, exuding an air of authority and power. Now I know where Jungkook got his charisma from. In one hand, he twirled a revolver like a toy while slowly stepping towards us, or more precisely, towards me. I think this is it for me. Dad and Mom, I love you. I should have just stayed home. God, forgive me for any sins I have committed.

He was now standing just an arm's length from me. He stopped twirling his gun and pointed it towards me. I closed my eyes, startled, and waited for the impact which never came. I opened my eyes slowly to see him handing his revolver to his man standing behind me. I sighed heavily with relief. Couldn't he have given it to him normally?

"I never knew you would be living with your girlfriend," he said, making Jungkook and me widen our eyes.

"No, Appa, she's not my girlfriend. Amber is a good friend and my roommate," Jungkook hastily clarified.

Hearing that, his dad sharply turned towards him and said, "Then you mean to say that you're living with your boyfriend?"

"What? No way, I'm not his boyfriend," Jimin countered immediately, somewhat irritated. But then realizing who he was standing against, he broke into an awkward smile and continued, "I mean, I'm also his friend and roommate."

"Whatever, you're coming with us," he declared, turning to leave but stopped when Jungkook said, "I won't go."

"JUNGKOOK, IT'S AN ORDER!" he spoke sternly. Jimin and I stood beside each other, flinching at the sudden loud voice.

"AND I SAID I WON'T GO!" Jungkook shouted back, making us flinch again. It was my first time hearing Jungkook shout. I looked at Jimin, seeing his jaw dropped; I think it was also a first time for him.

"How dare you argue back and shout? Did that girl teach you to argue like this?" his father said, pointing at me. Me? Wow, I feel offended. I heard Jimin snicker behind me.

"Or did that boy teach you?" Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Don't drag them into this. No, actually yes, Amber taught me," Jungkook said. Why, Jungkook? I looked at his dad slightly shaking my head as a no. I started to cry internally then stopped after hearing what he said next.

"All of my friends taught me one thing or another, but Amber taught me to take a stand for myself. She stood up to the landlady over the wrong room assignment, even though she was new here. She stood up to her parents to fulfill her dreams. She even stood tall before Seokjin hyung and spoke for herself. She has always stood up for what she believes is right. Even now she scolded your gang for hogging our apartment, even though she knew how dangerous they can be. So now I'm standing up for myself."

Jungkook's words made me emotional. I never knew that I could influence someone, especially someone like him who has always been an inspiration for me. Just as he said, everyone has taught me something or the other too.

"So what do you mean to say?" his father asked sternly.

"I mean to say that I won't go. I want to continue to live here for my college life and find where I actually belong. I don't want to be in the mafia and lose the only place where I feel belonged and loved. They are my home," Jungkook turned towards us and spoke the last sentence.

"All of you, dismissed," Jungkook's father ordered his men, and they started to saunter out of the room. Jimin and I also started to go but were stopped by his father. "You two, stay here." We stopped where we were standing.