Chapter 21

Cultural fest day two: arts showcase day

Amber's POV:

So today is the second day of our cultural fest, which is the showcase day for various departments of our college. Many performances have been prepared by various departments, from dance and music to drama. Some departments are also collaborating with each other or helping each other in various performances. Jimin and Hoseok have prepared a duet representing their performing arts department. Jungkook, as requested by the sports department, has also joined in one of their performances.

The entire atmosphere is vibrant and electric, pulsating with creativity and anticipation. The entire campus is decorated with colorful banners and signs, hinting at the plethora of performances. The air is filled with excitement and chatter of students and visitors alike. Today, the fest is only open for students and their parents, and no outsiders. And I think it's better this way considering the events of last day.

Anyways, inside the venue, the stage is set with elaborate decorations and lighting, creating a captivating ambiance that sets the stage for the artistic displays to come. The walls are adorned with student artwork, ranging from intricate paintings to striking sculptures, showcasing the talent and creativity of the university's arts community. All other duties are entrusted to the departments just like yesterday.

Currently, Taehyung and I are setting the stage with other fellow students while the computer department is checking the lighting and sound.

"Taehyung, what do you think you're doing?" I asked Taehyung.

"What else? Giving this place an artistic feel," he said, shrugging his shoulders while showering the entire stage with feathers and confetti.

"But why are you showering them now? They are for the end of the show," I said irritated.

Seriously, this guy knows how to get on someone's nerves. First, he brought a fish tank, which was not even filled with fishes, and placed it in the center of the stage, saying that Jimin will be a merman and open the show like never before. The way Jimin chased him across the entire hall was something. Then, as if that wasn't enough, he insisted on placing an antique grandfather clock in the middle of the entrance, which played eerie music every hour, saying it will forever haunt and remind people of our grand function. After much labor, it was removed. And now this!

"Why do you people always think the old way? Why can't we do it in our own way?" He took a dramatic pose in the center of the stage with all the confetti around. Just then, as if on cue, a single light fell on him, making him the center of all attention.

"Peasant!" His voice lowered to an octave, and with a sharp gaze, he said, "We, from the fine arts department, have been entrusted with a grave duty," He then addressed the rest of our fellow mates with the same dramatic manner, but speaking loudly now, "THE DUTY TO MAKE THIS STAGE A SYMBOL OF CREATIVITY." He then came really close to me, his face just a few inches apart, "So why are you..."

He couldn't even complete his sentence that we heard someone slip on the stage. We looked at the guy groaning in pain, then at him with a serious expression, while some helped the guy up.

He pursed his lips and said, "Let's clean the stage."

Jimin's POV:

I'm currently in the dressing room backstage, getting ready for my performance. Alongside me, there are many other performers too, running here and there in a frenzy.