Chapter 25

Jimin's POV:

"Amber! Amber!" Suddenly her phone got disconnected. I tried dialing her again but to no avail. Oh god, what happened to her? I must call Jungkook; he can easily trace her phone's location. Without wasting a moment, I dialed Jungkook's number. After three rings, he picked up.

"Hyung."

"Jungkook, something happened to Amber," I said, panicking.

"Wait, what?"

"I was just talking to her when I heard her scream, and then her phone got disconnected. Now she is not picking up. I want you to trace her phone's location right now."

"Okay, okay, I'm on it." With that, without asking further questions, Jungkook cut the call to get to work.

After calling him, I decided to call Yoonji to ask if she knew anything about Amber's location.

"Hello?" came her voice from the other side.

"Yoonji, were you with Amber after college?" I asked urgently.

"No, we both went separate ways, but why?"

"Do you know where she was heading? Back home or somewhere else?"

"She said she would go straight home. Jimin, what happened? Why do you sound...?"

"Yoonji, something happened to Amber on the way. I don't know what, but Jungkook is trying to trace her location." Just then, I got a call from Jungkook. "Jungkook is calling. Meet at the apartment."

"Wait, Ji-" I hastily cut her call and picked up Jungkook's call.

"Hyung, the location shows an alley near Street XXX, which is our usual route home."

"Okay, send me the location; I'm going there," I said, already running.

"I already sent it! I'm also coming." With that, he too cut the call.

Amber's POV:

My eyes fluttered open, and I found myself in an unfamiliar place. I looked around, trying to make sense of the place, but it was hard due to the dim lighting. It looked like a warehouse or something. But how did I end up here? My head ached with a dull pain, and a sense of dread washed over me as I realized that I'm bound to a chair, with my hands tightly secured behind my back and my legs tied. Then I remembered the previous incident. Oh no! I've been kidnapped! What should I do now?

I started surveying my surroundings, without uttering a word, and the cold, damp air sending shivers down my spine. There was complete silence all around, broken only by the occasional creaking of the old building. Panic surged through my veins, and tears started to pour down as I realized the gravity of the situation. Who had brought me here and why? And would I ever make it out alive?

Just then, I heard footsteps. Two shadowy figures emerged from the darkness, their faces obscured by dim light. My heartbeat increased as they approached. At last, they stood a few inches away from me, allowing me to see their faces. One was a tall fellow with a fit constitution wearing all black outfits and boots, with slightly long hair and a beard. The other was slightly shorter and a little chubby, also wearing all black.

I gathered my courage and asked them, "Who-who are you people? And what do you need from me?"

They looked at me for a moment without saying anything, which made me scared.

The chubby guy then leaned towards the tall one, whispering, "Hyungnim, she is asking something?"

The tall man then moved his hand towards his face and removed earbuds. "I like listening to music," he clarified.

"Ye-Yeah, me too," I replied, confused and hesitant.

"You were saying?" he asked, but then immediately cut me off. "Whatever, we are kidnappers, as you can see. Now," his partner handed him a cell phone, which he held up against me, "call your family and let them know we have you, and they better be prepared to pay a hefty sum if they want you back in one piece."

I looked at him and then at the phone with panic, confusion, and fear written all over. Getting no reply from me for a moment, the other one shouted, "CALL THEM!"

Startled, I mumbled softly, "But how-how when my hands are tied."

"Speak," the tall man commanded, monotone.

I nodded slowly and began reciting the number. Tears threatened to fall. Oh god, how did I end up in such a situation?

Narrator's POV:

As Jimin and Jungkook stood in the dimly lit alley, their hearts raced with worry as they found Amber's shattered phone lying on the ground. Jimin picked it up and looked at it, unmoving.

"Hyung," he turned towards Jungkook and saw him picking up a familiar scarf from the ground a little far away, covered in dust. They looked at each other and immediately knew it was a kidnapping. Just then, Jimin's phone rang, and his hands trembled as he answered.

"Ji-Jimin,"

he almost shouted, hearing the familiar voice from the other end. "Amber! Are you okay? Where are-?"

"Heard her." An ominous voice, a bit altered, spoke, cutting him mid-sentence. "We have kidnapped her. If you want her alive, then prepare yourself to pay a hefty sum."

"We'll do anything; just don't do anything to her," Jimin said instantly with worry.

"Good. We'll call you back in an hour to tell you the amount. And don't you dare tell the police or anyone about it, or else-"

"No, I'll not tell anyone; just don't do anything to her."

"Only if you obey."

"I want to talk-" With that, the phone was cut. He looked at Jungkook, pushing his hair back.

"Don't worry, Hyung. I'll tell Dad." Jungkook put a hand on his shoulder in a reassuring manner.

Jimin shook his head, "No, what if they find out, and-"

"Hyung, are you forgetting who my father is?" Jungkook's eyes darkened. "We'll find her in no time."

A/n: please vote, comment and share and help me grow my story. Lots of love 💜💜